GPS for iphone? Or individual? | GTAMotorcycle.com

GPS for iphone? Or individual?

Shane.Nicholson

Site Supporter
I'm looking for a GPS for my motorcycle rides.

Do you suggest i use my iPhone? If so, what is the best app for the use? I need something accurate, something i can download maps to phone and does Bluetooth, so it tells me turn by turn etc.

If not iPhone, which separate GPS do you suggest for a motorcycle. I prefer one that either has a long charge time or I can plug in to an AC jack.

Shane

I just use the map app already installed on my iphone 5, works great no issues at all so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I use google maps, with the voice etc. I leave my iPhone plugged in when using the GPS and leave the screen so it never locks. Even when locked I still get the voice messages as well as a notification on the screen of up coming changes.

Waze is amazing for general commuting.

Sent from my iPhone while riding my bike one-handed

Shane, this comes up several times a year. I'm surprised search did not bring up results?

Btw - there was a huge rundown in one of the threads with pros and cons of each app.

yeah, search is your best buddy. But anyway, I use TOMTOM app and it works really great for me, does everything that you mention and maybe more, it's gonna set you back $100, though.

I've also used google maps and I can't say anything against it either, and it's free!

Last edited:
I'm not averse to buying an app. Thanks for all the suggestions. Kiwi, I didn't di a search, I should have. Point taken and lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been 3-4 threads on this topic this season. Quick search for apps and gps should give you some good results.

Back
Top Bottom