***The Official Speed Trap Thread*** | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

***The Official Speed Trap Thread***

yes they have a quota, if not met they get yelled at by their sargent. That is why most traps are in the morning. They fill their numbers by 10 am are free to cruise around and run errands till shift end.
Trap in oakville
Dundas between 9th and trafalgar westbound
dundas between 6th and 3rd....lots of construction...6 lane highway at 60kms
bronte road qew to dundas

Good luck seeing this radar holding guy. You can barely make out his high viz vest on the passenger side door.

2iv1auw.jpg

oh, so radar enforcement is supposed to be a deterrent to speeding. That's why they hide away, and ticket you if you warn others.

oh, so radar enforcement is supposed to be a deterrent to speeding. That's why they hide away, and ticket you if you warn others.

I warn others all the time on the bike, they may not know what the double helmet tap means, but the ones that do get early warning... "Sorry officer, I think I had a little pebble in my helmet, seems to be gone now"

Not illegal to warn others anyway. You're doing the exact same job as the cop by warning other drivers to slow down. It is apparently about public safety, so when an idiot cop hands you a ticket for flashing your high beams I encourage you to fight it. You'll be surprised when the case doesn't even get heard in court. they'll hold out hope that you plead guilty right to the last second, then withdraw the charges at trial. Pathetic.

Good luck seeing this radar holding guy. You can barely make out his high viz vest on the passenger side door.

2iv1auw.jpg

Anybody who would go wizzing by this at speed, deserves a ticket.

You come out of a long uphill sweeper about 200m before this spot so... yeah, good luck..... If you don't know the spot that is.

Not illegal to warn others anyway. You're doing the exact same job as the cop by warning other drivers to slow down. It is apparently about public safety, so when an idiot cop hands you a ticket for flashing your high beams I encourage you to fight it. You'll be surprised when the case doesn't even get heard in court. they'll hold out hope that you plead guilty right to the last second, then withdraw the charges at trial. Pathetic.

The act they write the ticket under is about impersonating emergency vehicles by alternating flashing lights. Flashing lights are not alternating lights.
The ticket is not about the law, it's about intimidation and subjugation.

This weekend there was a trap at my kid's school: 40 zone at the bottom of a steep hill, on a Sunday, in summer.
Some guy in a SUV got a section 172 tow, after passing locals who knew about the trap, all ****** off.

Hollis Ave between Warden & Birchmount is a 40 kph zone that's been getting more rush hour traffic lately due to the construction on Kingston Road. Since the police seem to think it's their job to slow down any roads that construction hasn't, they've been setting up frequently catching westbound traffic in the morning and eastbound in the evening rush hours.

To the sad looking dude on an older Gixxer who got nailed yesterday evening, sorry I didn't post this earlier.

Another Hamilton area trap where HTA 172 is easy to fall into is the coming off the raised portion of Burlington St. just before Ottawa St. They site in the parking lot and get you as you come over the crest

The limit on the raised "expressway" is an inexplicable 60 kp/h from just before the Kenilworth exit. As many come right from the QEW onto what was designed to be a expressway similar to the Gardiner, it is very easy to miss the 60 kp/h signs and blast into their trap at 110+

So easy in fact that this poor old lady was charged under the "stunt/racing" legislation last November .... 113 in a 60, no mercy, put her in a cab and take her car... my fricken hero!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/80-year-old-driver-charged-with-stunt-driving-1.2430787

Mayfield rode- just east of Gore rd in Brampton- last week. *&^%^&*^%$#$^*
They often set up a trap on the Gore road in the 60 zone- just south of Mayfield as well.

Someone should just list these in the Waze App or the like so anyone with a route planned can have an idea where to be 'extra attentive'

So I would have to browse through pages and pages in this thread to try to find speed traps along my planned route?? I'll stick with Waze. Thanks.

So I would have to browse through pages and pages in this thread to try to find speed traps along my planned route?? I'll stick with Waze. Thanks.

Waze isn't perfect, it only shows what people report. I use Waze, but rarely report on it, because the reporting is dangerously distracting, even hands-free mounted.

A quick check of trapster and Waze likely has you covered for 99% of traps. Traps occur in historic locations for good fishing.

Or, the other option is to not speed.

Back
Top Bottom