purchacing a Yamaha...who are the NO and GO to dealers in the GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

purchacing a Yamaha...who are the NO and GO to dealers in the GTA

basmn

Site Supporter
looking to purchase a FZ 07 for the bride and would appreciate some feed back on dealer experience ......let errrr rip boys....

Motor Sports Pickering is an authorized Yamaha dealership. I was in last week and believe they have one (FZ 07) available. I bought my Kawasaki there and would buy from again. Kind of no-frills, doesn't have the shock-and-awe factor of something like GP Bikes. But to me, that just means less overhead, so more room for negotiating.

Good luck and keep us updated on your decision and progress!

I was just going to mention Performance Cycle in Cambridge as well...traded in my Vulcan 500 for an FZ6R there last summer and Paul is great to deal with...gave me the best trade in price hands down...also Stan (service) and Brett (parts) are awesome as well...

I picked up an FZ-09 from Motorsports Pickering in the winter. There's a few Yamaha dealers between me and Motorsports Pickering, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Stand up dealer, great service.

Thought I saw one in Snow City today, could've been an 09 though. Worth a call.

Brantford Motorcycle...I have my ninja serviced there. They waive several fees and I am very satisfied with their service. brantfordmotorcycle.com

I generally seem to get much better vibes and courtesy from folks in the Oshawa/west end region.
Just stay the fukc away from VOS Motors in Concord on Keele. In particular, the fat/chubby salesman. Crazy shady.

Last edited:
Avoid Clares Cycle if you can. I've never purchased a bike from them, but their service department was one of the worst experiences I've ever had when I was having my clutch issues. Never ever again for service, any only if I need an OEM part that day and they have in stock would I purchase something from them again

I can tell you from person experience to stay away from Brampton Power Sports. After getting a killer deal on my new motorcycle things quickly deteriorated when I didn't use their service department. I brought my new motorcycle back in with a warranty issue and they proceeded to chastise me for not having my fist service done with them and changed out my perfectly good Wix oil filter with a Yamaha filter without my consent. Then 200 kms later I had another Warrantee issue for the same Lifters and they ordered the parts. I road to Ottawa and on the return trip dropped off my Motorcycle to have the other lifters replaced. When I picked up the motorcycle the lifters were making noise by that night. I took the bike to another Yamaha dealership to have the work done properly. ONLY to find out the motorcycle had no oil in the motor! To make a long sad story short, they took NO responsibility, tried to somehow make it sound like my fault (said that I had an oil change in the states????) and eventually my insurance investigated and deemed it "vandalism" and ended up paying out to have the motor rebuilt! Again this is my personal experience and you can make up your own mind om whether or not to deal with Brampton Power Sports

Any feed back on Snow City or Ready powersports
BTW i know what dealers have them , I'm looking for feed back on customer service after you give them your hard earned money if you know what i mean

Kelly's in Hamilton has a couple of FZ07s and FZ09s.

My experience is that small dealers outside the GTA handle customers better, and have better prices. They try harder. Those GTA locals pay huge leases and advertising costs -you pay for that.
I can understand some surly shop managers in the GTA, because they deal with a wide range of customers, many of whom try to get away with anything. It's also harder to retain good technicans in a city where less than $100K salary puts you at the poverty line.

Bought my FZ-09 from Kelly's in Hamilton. Smooth transaction, would recommend.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Brampton Powersports. Eduardo and Ian are great. I've purchased two bikes from BP, and I always get treated well when I return.

That said, the sales department is different from service in all bike shops. Riders have to do their own due diligence. Ask about the person working on your bike, shake his hand, find out how long they've been wrenching. Every shop has a weak link. Just make sure that person is not learning/butchering your ride.
If I don't have confidence in a shop, I walk away... even if it means huge inconvenience for me. Not worth the hassle.

OP, buy from BP with confidence. Talk to Eduardo. He's the man.

I bought my last yamaha from Cam at Oakville Yamaha. he seemed alright, a bit stickler on the price (which was already the almost the best around) for the bike I wanted.

Both Pickering Motorsports and Asselstines are excellent Yammie dealers with great service before/after the sale.

Back
Top Bottom