And just a few more..

P1130254.jpg

P1130256.jpg

P1130257.jpg

P1130261.jpg

P1130263.jpg

P1130265.jpg

P1130267.jpg

It's a head turner for sure. Good work mate.

...I was going to ask the PO for them to see if he had them, but it took him more than 6 months to find his ownership, I didn't want to see how long it would have taken to find keys....he probably doesn't even know where they are, so this was an easier way to get them, I still might ask him if the keys I get are not the right ones...

You might as well ask him for the keys. If your new keys work there's no harm and a large benefit in having a spare set. The keys are of no use to the OP.

The bags are made for BMW by Krauser. The majority of the keys for those bag series are NLA from BMW. However, the keys do come up for sale periodically through Ebay. If you desire originals, this is the most likely source. You could also try James Sherlock in the UK, who may have the key you're after.

The locks are coded with a number on the side of the latch. The keys are stamped with the same number. All Krauser/BMW keys have the outline; what differs is the placement and shape of the grooves on the side of the keys... I have had keys made for my set of bags by a local Toronto locksmith, who was able to match a similar key blank from his catalog to the lock. I supplied him with the existing key I had so that he could reference the shape and a bag so he could test the new keys. The turn-around time for a set of three custom made keys was one day and cost me the princely sum of $6.00 per key. The locksmith was Sure Locks Inc., 1045 Avenue Rd, Toronto, ON M5N 2C5. +1 416-486-5077 www.surelocks.ca.

DSC_0104.JPG

This key looks completely different from my Krauser key. Thanks for the key photo detail.

You might as well ask him for the keys. If your new keys work there's no harm and a large benefit in having a spare set. The keys are of no use to the OP.

It took over 6 months to find the ownership, I would hate to think how long it would be to find a set of keys.....LOL

but I guess it don't hurt to ask...

I have run into a problem, the front brake master is seized up, the old brake fluid has hardened up and is preventing the plunger from moving back and forth, I have taken it all apart, cleaned it all up, put it back together, but it will not produce any pressure, I can now move the brake lever, pull it in and the plunger drives it back, but it will not pump the fluid, I am holding this in my hand and trying this, I plug the outlet hole (where the brake line attaches) but it will not push fluid, I have taken it apart a few times, all looks OK, even the rubber rings on the plunger, but it will not make pressure and force fluid out, I am going to check it again tomorrow, but a bloody new assembly is like 300 bucks, plunger alone is a hundred bucks, but I wish I could get this one to work, something must still be plugged somewhere that I cannot see.....

got a link to this place from another forum, might have to talk to them to see if they can assist if I cannot get this sorted

http://www.fkn.ca/

Alright enough about the BMW. What about the Honda?

One bike at a time, actually the Honda will be dealt with right after the BMW is sorted, and it might be done by a buddy of mine he wants a project to have over the summer on his nights off, I was actually going to have it for a winter project, but since the BMW needs so little work, I just might get to it instead of my buddy.

from the looks the Honda is going to need some rechroming, possibly a new exhaust, and a few other tid bits, but I have to make sure she runs first, then the cosmetics will get done, I have found a great source for parts for the bike, that in itself is a bonus

Front brake issue has been resolved, after completely taking apart the master cylinder and taking the reservoir off and the plunger and everything else apart, there was a plugged hole, bloody think is so small a pin does not fit, so I snipped a piece of wire off my wire brush poked around to where the hole should be and bingo, it opened up, I cleaned up the rest of the crud, put it all back together and what do you know, now the lever goes back and returns to it's resting position, and I can create pressure.....so tonight I will bleed the system of all the old brake fluid and see how it goes, worse case I will have to rebuild the calipers, this I don't really want to do, as I have no parts and I am sure they will not be in stock.....there is no sign of leakage or crud around the brake calipers so just a refresh of the fluids should be OK....

Soon, it will be time to try and start the beast.......I have however notice the inside of the gas tank is red, have not really looked at it that closely so I am not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be, or if it's full of rust, I hear the tanks are aluminum or should be so hopefully it's a coating and not rust.....

Soon, it will be time to try and start the beast.......I have however notice the inside of the gas tank is red, have not really looked at it that closely so I am not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be, or if it's full of rust, I hear the tanks are aluminum or should be so hopefully it's a coating and not rust......

It might be residue from old gas

I love bikes that are unabashedly 80's... it cleaned up good

It's a coating from factory. Mine has it too.

Well the Bimmer saw the light of day today, Spyug came over this afternoon and brought his carbtune and a tune up was done, she idles really nice now, we took her for a small run around the block and she ran just fine, definitely needs new tires but the longer she ran the better she was behaving, now comes the decision to sell her or not?????

Back
Top Bottom