Textile jacket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Textile jacket

abkdt41

I need a textile jacket and was looking for some suggestions.

I bought a Alpinestars Viper Air Jacket...i liked it... Nice and light with some protection and good fitting.... But it flowed too much air.... There was a liner inside but it didn't cover the arms and at the end of the day my arms were sore
7ysagyry.jpg

Not really looking for leather.... Textile/mesh .... Around $200-$300

Thanks

Not exactly sure what your criteria is.. the whole point of those air mesh jackets are summer riding and massive airflow. There are textile jackets available from astars and dainese that are are not as light as those air jackets.

I need a textile jacket and was looking for some suggestions.

I bought a Alpinestars Viper Air Jacket...i liked it... Nice and light with some protection and good fitting.... But it flowed too much air.... There was a liner inside but it didn't cover the arms and at the end of the day my arms were sore
7ysagyry.jpg

Not really looking for leather.... Textile/mesh .... Around $200-$300

Thanks

You were close. Try the t jaws waterproof textile. most comfortable jacket I've ever owned

Not exactly sure what your criteria is.. the whole point of those air mesh jackets are summer riding and massive airflow. There are textile jackets available from astars and dainese that are are not as light as those air jackets.
Looking for a textile material jacket that doesnt flow massive air.... Something I can wear at night or early morning when the temp is a bit low

You were close. Try the t jaws waterproof textile. most comfortable jacket I've ever owned
Thanks for the suggestion.... Do you know any retailers that carry the t-jaws wp? Any reason you didn't select the regular t-jaws?

The wp was a nice option. Works well as I found out today. I would say try gp bikes for it. If not they could fit you in something similar and order it. For the price it's a killer jacket. I'm very happy with it

You could always head over to Riders Choice and take a look at the Rev'it Gear.

I bought a Rev'it Tornado, and I think it's absolutely fantastic.... It's just so versatile and the most comfortable jacket I have ever worn.

I have Joe rocket leather, textiles and a bunch of other jackets... Rev'it is always worn. Everything else collects dust :p

Edit: Didn't see your price range... Rev'it might be a bit out of it.

$379 at Riders Choice... or $341 if you pay with Debt / Cash

I have a viper air...the point is you can use it in 30+ degree weather when everyone is squidding.
Wear a long sleeved undergarment in cooler weather.
No jacket will cover all ranges of temp, layering is the solution.
Also, I don't know why people buy hot weather air flow gear, then chose all black.

We have two of the joe rocket jackets and they are nice and fit well. I would suggest trying one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 12.0 and it is awesome. It has some layers which you can remove when it gets colder or warmer. Can go right down to a mesh layer with the pads for the super hot days. It is above your price point, but does offer a bit more than you're looking for. I'm sure there are deals online or at store locations. I'd suggest trying one on and seeing if you like it. The jacket is a tad heavy with all the layers on... Especially when wet!

Here's a link :

http://www.joerocketcanada.com/en/catalog/item.cfm?ItemsID=cf3d3c40-cbe8-45fd-9da8-992de6ba3ac7

I use the viper air jacket and I like its fitting around the arms and armpit area. I also bought a joe rocket Phoenix 11.0 mesh jacket but returned it because it fit really loose around the arms and the pads moved around too much with all that space. The astars jacket had that slim fitting feel to it. Just something to keep in mind between the two brands.

He explained it. The air must be able to exit.
Most decent leather jackets have vents in the back. Or at least both of mine do. They're also tight enough and stiff enough that they wouldn't "popeye" anyway.

I bought the Joe Rocket Steel Head jacket, it's a bit pricy but you're basically buying 2 jackets. The outer is all textile with zippered air vents, the inner liner is a full mesh jacket with armor in the elbows & back.

On the warmest days I'll wear the mesh liner

On cool-to-mild days I'll wear just the outer textile layer

On cool-cold days I'll zip them together & wear both.

So actually, you're really buying THREE jackets :D so in that regard the price is really quite cheap.

Back
Top Bottom