Michelin Pilot Road 4's | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Michelin Pilot Road 4's

Just ordered a set. $412 from Pete's all in. That's the most I've ever spent on tires before, so really looking forward to these.

I ended up buying a pair as well... from motorcycle superstore last fall before our dollar dropped a lot. They are still sitting in my basement waiting for me to wear out my 705s.

Just ordered a set. $412 from Pete's all in. That's the most I've ever spent on tires before, so really looking forward to these.

I just shoed my GS1200 with a set of PR4 trails, and the first thing I noticed was road noise. At ~45 kph, there starts to be loud road noise coming from the front. So much so that I had to stop the first time to make sure nothing was wrong with my setup (ie tires installed backwards or some nonsense). Everything is fine.

With a couple of hundred kms on them now, the noise has settled down a bit, but I don't recall every having "break-in" time on tires before. I've run PR2's, PR3's, ContiAttacks... Looking at the siping pattern, it's not really surprising that the tire is noisy, but the PR3s were the same, and I don't remember them being noisy.

Any others finding this?

I just shoed my GS1200 with a set of PR4 trails, and the first thing I noticed was road noise. At ~45 kph, there starts to be loud road noise coming from the front. So much so that I had to stop the first time to make sure nothing was wrong with my setup (ie tires installed backwards or some nonsense). Everything is fine.

With a couple of hundred kms on them now, the noise has settled down a bit, but I don't recall every having "break-in" time on tires before. I've run PR2's, PR3's, ContiAttacks... Looking at the siping pattern, it's not really surprising that the tire is noisy, but the PR3s were the same, and I don't remember them being noisy.

Any others finding this?

Is there different compounds used in the 4s? I just went for a ride with the Pilot PURE 3's last weekend. Amazing tires. Turn in very easily.

Hey guys, I'm going to be needing a rear this season at some point and am going to go with a PR3 or 4.

I'm on an SV650, 99% of the time it's just me and a tank bag but I usually do 500+ days. Is it worth it going for the harder compound in the PR4 or do you think the 3 will last me awhile due to a small, light bike? I don't remember exactly how much I have on my current rear, 10k+ on a Dunlop sport maxx and the wear bars are pretty close now.

I had a set of PR3's on my hayabusa. Just installed a PR4 rear and I am wearing out the pr3 front before I go on a long trip.

Great in the rain, no real warm up and more than enough corner grip for the dragon.

So far 14000km on front, tire mostly shot, the PR3 rear lasted about 13000 km, and there is enough torque to destroy most tires.

BB

I think the Pr2's got maybe 8k.

Second question, is there a best place in town for tire prices? I'll bring my tire to them for replacement.

Second question, is there a best place in town for tire prices? I'll bring my tire to them for replacement.

Riders Choice in Mississauga is pretty good for tire pricing; I generally find they're not far off of Pete's Superbike+shipping, plus they can do the install.

Back
Top Bottom