Velocity Sportsgear | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Velocity Sportsgear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to take issue with your comment about the gloves. Anyone can go read the thread on this site. Gloves were not months late. Maybe a couple weeks late. Bunch of orders late or at the last minute. Gloves were a couple weeks late.

Group buy said mid may. People are just getting gloves in the past week or two. That's months late.

I got a pair and for the price I payed I'm pleased. Did a lot of shopping and the stingray is very nice and not available from anywhere else that I could find.

Great.
PS I have a Joe rocket Jacket and Dainese full leathers an these Two manufacturers don't even belong in the same sentence.

Who said anything about comparing Joe Rocket and Dianese?

I'd like to hear more details about your Kangroo suit, as I've not found anything in that price range.

The new one:
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/TEKNIC-2013-XCELERATOR-LEATHER-ONEPIECE-SUIT

I have the last model which is now even cheaper since I got it in 2012:
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/34518/i/teknic-xcelerator-one-piece-suit---2012

My mistake in the original post:- it was 3 suits before i called it quits. The first one would never fit any normal human being. The measurements were interpreted incorrectly by the factory overseas. Things happen, he measured again and ordered a new suit. This was over 4 months. That is the suit crushing my nuts in the picture, and crushing my shoulders, way too short in the arms, elbows in the wrong spot, the list goes on.
By the time the third suit came, and the knee pattern was incorrectly stitched so the knees were on the sides of my legs, i had almost had enough. Jimmy said he would make it right and send me to IM Leathers for the alterations, but when he got her price and defect list he was unwilling to pay. At this point i was a year and a half into this with no working suit.

15 months ago i was told he would re-imburse me... multiple back and forth e-mails & promises that lead nowhere...

Still waiting for you to chime in on this Jimmy...

You know of this thread, i e-mailed you to tell you i was going this route.

Man up and do what you say and i'll shake your hand and go away...

-Matt

My mistake in the original post:- it was 3 suits before i called it quits. The first one would never fit any normal human being. The measurements were interpreted incorrectly by the factory overseas. Things happen, he measured again and ordered a new suit. This was over 4 months. That is the suit crushing my nuts in the picture, and crushing my shoulders, way too short in the arms, elbows in the wrong spot, the list goes on.
By the time the third suit came, and the knee pattern was incorrectly stitched so the knees were on the sides of my legs, i had almost had enough. Jimmy said he would make it right and send me to IM Leathers for the alterations, but when he got her price and defect list he was unwilling to pay. At this point i was a year and a half into this with no working suit.

15 months ago i was told he would re-imburse me... multiple back and forth e-mails & promises that lead nowhere...

Still waiting for you to chime in on this Jimmy...

You know of this thread, i e-mailed you to tell you i was going this route.

Man up and do what you say and i'll shake your hand and go away...

-Matt

Hi Matt, sorry to hear what's happened to you. My buddy went through the same experience a couple years back with a custom kangaroo suit, and he called it quits at the time because it was just too much aggrevation to deal with Velocity/Jimmy not taking on ownership of the problems.

Also, you maybe out of luck for any reimbursement as the owner stated with his most recent & last group buy:
"Hey everyone. This is the official group buy for the VR-Pro Gloves with Stingray. This is the last group buy on VR-Pro gloves unless someone wants to take over the Velocity VR-Pro business. Basically what I am saying is Velocity is for sale for anyone who can see the potential. I just don't have time to run it for long."

Sincerely hope you get your reimbursement that's fair, but at this point it is not looking good....

Thats the only reason I started this thread. Since he stated he was getting out of the business i knew i'd be left holding the bag...

I held out hope that he would stick to his word and give back my money.

Jimmy even told me there was more issues than my suit. The knee issue was a prohlem when dealing with his old factory.

Your friend and i are in the same boat for sure.

I have to take issue with your comment about the gloves. Anyone can go read the thread on this site. Gloves were not months late. Maybe a couple weeks late. Bunch of orders late or at the last minute. Gloves were a couple weeks late. I got a pair and for the price I payed I'm pleased. Did a lot of shopping and the stingray is very nice and not available from anywhere else that I could find.
PS I have a Joe rocket Jacket and Dainese full leathers an these Two manufacturers don't even belong in the same sentence. I'd like to hear more details about your Kangroo suit, as I've not found anything in that price range.

I remember telling everyone his estimates are ********

76tVwoI.gif

I can see the "potential" for anyone buying this business... Bankruptcy.... Current owner runs it into the ground then expects someone to pay him for what.. The name and brand he himself has soiled....LOL Where do I sign up?? Jimmy post your asking price then divide by 98%.

Hi Matt, sorry to hear what's happened to you. My buddy went through the same experience a couple years back with a custom kangaroo suit, and he called it quits at the time because it was just too much aggrevation to deal with Velocity/Jimmy not taking on ownership of the problems.

Also, you maybe out of luck for any reimbursement as the owner stated with his most recent & last group buy:
"Hey everyone. This is the official group buy for the VR-Pro Gloves with Stingray. This is the last group buy on VR-Pro gloves unless someone wants to take over the Velocity VR-Pro business. Basically what I am saying is Velocity is for sale for anyone who can see the potential. I just don't have time to run it for long."

Sincerely hope you get your reimbursement that's fair, but at this point it is not looking good....

Thats the only reason I started this thread. Since he stated he was getting out of the business i knew i'd be left holding the bag...

I held out hope that he would stick to his word and give back my money.

Jimmy even told me there was more issues than my suit. The knee issue was a prohlem when dealing with his old factory.

Your friend and i are in the same boat for sure.

Doesn't look like he's showing up.

Seems you're right. I'd be glad if he posted up his side of this.

Honestly though i don't know how he can disagree with what i've said...

I disagree that Jimmy is a shady business owner. You can't make money when your suppliers don't do what they're supposed to especially for custom products

You can't sell a custom product when you don't have a reliable supplier.

I disagree that Jimmy is a shady business owner. You can't make money when your suppliers don't do what they're supposed to especially for custom products

Then you fix the issue instead of scamming people

If taking someone's money more than two years ago and then refusing to deliver the product that the person paid for or a refund isn't shady then i dont know what is.

Then money goes back to customer, business owner goes after supplier for refund.

You can't make money when your suppliers don't do what they're supposed to especially for custom products

You've got it right on the money. He can't make money when his suppliers don't deliver. He never own up to the problems and make good with the customer (I know for a fact that he kept insisting that my friend's suit was okay when it is clearly not fitting correctly). He was quick at taking in deposits and payments, but slow in resolving customer complaints. The right thing to do with my friend's situation, at a bare minimum, would've been a partial refund of the purchase (price of suit minus shipping). As a business that often boasted that they "stand behind their products", they should've eaten the loss of an unfit custome suit and move on.

And people calling him a nice guy?

I guess everyone wants to hear what I have to say in this matter as much as I didn't want to air dirty laundry here. Plus I am busy filling a Lowe's order for 1000 heated vests.

In this day and age of retail I tried to offer something different than your average manufacturer. Yes we have been constantly improving our procedure and suppliers the past few years. But custom suit sizing is always subjective. The correct way for me to do custom suits would be like how Vanson and Bates Leather do it. I send you measuring chart, you send back measurements and I take 6 months to deliver you a suit. You are responsible for measurements.

I wanted to offer something a bit different that obviously didn't work . If a suit is snug it should have been looser, if it is slightly loose as requested, it should have been tighter, heck I had a customer come back after a year claiming her suit was too tight. Good thing I took pictures of the suit when she came in to try it on. So there really is no pleasing everyone. Sizing is subjective.

Most of you guys, Kellen, Mina, Sunny Y S etc. all have your affiliations with a competitive suit maker and will continue to bash my products. So all your comments don't really matter to me.

Now for every suit that doesn't work there are 10 customers who are happy with there's but don't want to participate in the Jerry Springer theatrics you people crave on this forum. Everyone is a comedian here. A keyboard warrior. My suits have been on pro racers who have crashed and walked away unscathed. These are people who had high end suits from other brands before wearing mine. Amzy nawaz, Eric Fiset, Chris Harmon, Stephen Viera to name a few. My VR-Pro gloves with Sting Ray are the best gloves in the world. I will test my suits and gloves to competitively priced products anyday. So if anyone is ready to put their money where their mouth is, please get a hold of me to figure out how we can test comparatively. My Infra Red heated Gloves and heated compression vests are the most advanced products in the market. What I am trying to say is that I am disappointed in the GTA motorcycle riding community. One of your own tried to do something and couldn't even win support from his local market. Yes it is a learning curve but for every single bad suit out there a solution is always offered.

I pay my supplier money for the suit in full up front. For suits that don't fit we redo suits. Our supplier (not current now) did three suits for Matt which I paid for every time. Now the person I sent him to get his suit adjusted is the one who screwed me over. I don't offer refunds on suits only exchanges but due to the circumstance I offered Matt a refund which is still to be paid out. So yes he is entitled to a refund which I plan to pay out despite me leaving this business. This is entirely my fault and I will accept blame where it is due.

For everyone else who has had "a friend" with a big suit issue with Velocity, please advise your "friend" to contact me so I can find a solution for them. I plan to leave this leathers market the right way.

I will not be posting in this thread again as I am extremely busy with my heated apparel company. You are welcome to email me at jimmy@velocitysportsgear.com if you have words of wisdom for me. Matt you will have your money very soon.

As stated, if you make good on what you promised 15 months ago i will shake your hand and walk away feeling no ill will towards you. All the time and frustration i have invested in this should have come to an end April 2013 when you agreed to a refund.

$1500 is not a lot of money, if you can afford to go golfing with your brother in Myrtle Beach, you can afford to pay me back to make this issue go away.

I agree with you on the gloves, but as it sits, the gloves have cost me $750 EACH GLOVE.

Enough with the empty promises, lets get this frustrating business over, then i can come on here publicly and tell everyone how you followed through with your word.

Wtf does "very soon" mean?

Shady shady shady.

My bud doesn't want to do business with you, just like Matt it was multiple promises and nothing done, and has given up. He needed a custom due to his body type and you took advantage of that and imo embarrassed him with the run around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom