Velocity Sportsgear | GTAMotorcycle.com

Velocity Sportsgear

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt365

I contacted Jimmy to get fitted for a custom kangaroo suit in September 2011. It has been nothing but headaches ever since...

The first suit fit terribly.

The measurements from were interpreted incorrectly at the factory, and there is no way any human being would fit properly in what they sent. This was March 2012.

Fine, I understand… Hard to get a custom product fit overseas.

On to suit #2. It comes in May 2012.The knees are turned to the sides, but otherwise it fits pretty decent (from the waist up.) Jimmy suggests I take it to IM leathers, Jennifer Mavrinac in Hamilton. I drive there on my own time, and my own cost to get her to check it out… I honestly shouldn’t have had to do this. Jimmy’s screw-up, his responsibility. I just want a useable product.

Jenn tells me she can repair it, but it needs extensive repairs. She quotes around the $600mark. Jimmy states “I can have a new suit made for less than that overseas” and is unwilling to make it right.

The alterations and quoting from IM leathers between her and Jimmy goes on until November 2012…6 months of BS of him not willing to make it right.

At this point it’s the off season, and I’m sick of running around trying to fix a product he should have made right, not me. I understand Jennifer had to make her own measurements, so she wanted me there anyways… great, I get it. I brought Jimmy back his half disassembled suit that he was unwilling to pay for alterations on. Jenn tore down the legs to put in other leather and stretch panels, and Jimmy stiffed her on her disassembly work as well.

Fast forward to March 2013. 2 years and 6 months from my original fitting…Jimmy agrees to re-imburse me for the suit, minus the cost of the gloves I purchased. No problem… but since then I have never received anything whatsoever towards re-imbursement.

The sad part about this is that I’m not the only one.The “Knee issue” was prevalent on another few customers suits.I would like to knowhow those panned out.

I’m out $1500 bucks, and a lot of my time for something he never delivered.

Last edited:
The only reason I haven’t put this thread up until now as hehas been promising me a refund for the last year and a half…By putting this, I’m pretty sure I won’t everget my money back.
It’s been one excuse after another, multiple e-mails.“My Suzuki jacket deal goes through, then I’llhave your money”… “My heated gear deal”… whatever… always another smoothetalking story.

I don't know that I would walk away from $1500. There are other routes to get your money back. And you've already waited this long.

Its been 18 months of back and forth e-mails that lead nowhere. Empty promises... what could i do but hold out and wait for him to make due.
I picked up a s&s suit and had it altered by Jennifer at IM. Fits perfect now. Still a $1500 waste though. I see tuese group buys for Velocity and cringe... He tells me when he gets the cash he will make good on his promise. I'm sick of empty promises by now...

Question... Why did you give the full 1500 when the fit wasn't right? I know jimmy usually takes a deposit and then when the suit comes in you pay the rest. Just curious how this played out.

I bought the first group buy suit and it's held up remarkably well. Fits well, other than a couple broken zippers (I think my weight gain had something to do with that), I have no complaints.

Most reviews I've read have nothing bad to say at all, glad u brought it up here as public "shaming" usually makes things better (seriously). I'd like to hear the other side of the story from jimmy. There are always 3 sides to every story....... Mine, yours and the truth lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I'd like nothing more than if Jimmy chimed in on this.

He got me to pay it all up front,

In hindsight I wish I hadn’t.Honestly, I like Jimmy, he’s a very personable guy.We got along well, but this is too much.He’s been avoiding me for far too long. As soon as I found out he was planning on leaving the leathers market to do nothing but heated gear, I knew I was most likely screwed.

Another velocity horror story...

Just look at the glove group buy thread, months late, excuses excuses

It still baffles me that people are paying these prices for alibaba suits and waiting months and getting in on these group buys

Just walk into a shop and buy a quality, proven suit for less money

Hell walk into ******* royal and get a joe rocket suit for $500 and have it instantly

What a joke

My pro level kangaroo teknic suit didn't even cost $1500 wtf people

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your problem. Hopefully Jimmy resolves the issue. Jimmy has been good to me. Sometimes his emails go to my Junk folder, but he has always been responsive.

My experience:
- I bought in at the first Velocity suit group buy. The suit wasn't great. The jacket was messed up, and Jimmy had it re-made for free. For $300, I was satisfied.

- I bought one of the first Velocity VR-Pro gloves (before the first group buy). It lasted me almost 3 years (no crashes), until a seam in the index finger blew. I'm on my second pair now.

- I bought a second suit from Velocity last year. The suit is my regular gear, and it fits extremely well for my small frame. The only problem was the YKK zipper pull tabs broke off. I left the suit with Jimmy. Jimmy replaced ALL the zippers with metal YKK zippers (with metal pull tabs). No problems since.

Heard back from Jimmy. Needless to say he's not too happy with me right now. Same empty promises too. "He clears his debts".

If he makes good after 17 months of e-mails back and forth, and empty promises, then i'll eat my words and shake his hand.

We'll see. I'm still waiting for him to post here publicly.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Hopefully Jimmy resolves the issue. Jimmy has been good to me. Sometimes his emails go to my Junk folder, but he has always been responsive.

My experience:
- I bought in at the first Velocity suit group buy. The suit wasn't great. The jacket was messed up, and Jimmy had it re-made for free. For $300, I was satisfied.

- I bought one of the first Velocity VR-Pro gloves (before the first group buy). It lasted me almost 3 years (no crashes), until a seam in the index finger blew. I'm on my second pair now.

- I bought a second suit from Velocity last year. The suit is my regular gear, and it fits extremely well for my small frame. The only problem was the YKK zipper pull tabs broke off. I left the suit with Jimmy. Jimmy replaced ALL the zippers with metal YKK zippers (with metal pull tabs). No problems since.

1/3 transactions was problem free. .333 is a good average...in baseball

I contacted Jimmy to get fitted for a custom kangaroo suit in September 2011. It has been nothing but headaches ever since...

The first suit fit terribly.

The measurements from were interpreted incorrectly at the factory, and there is no way any human being would fit properly in what they sent. This was March 2012.

Fine, I understand… Hard to get a custom product fit overseas.

On to suit #2. It comes in May 2012.The knees are turned to the sides, but otherwise it fits pretty decent (from the waist up.) Jimmy suggests I take it to IM leathers, Jennifer Mavrinac in Hamilton. I drive there on my own time, and my own cost to get her to check it out… I honestly shouldn’t have had to do this. Jimmy’s screw-up, his responsibility. I just want a useable product.

Jenn tells me she can repair it, but it needs extensive repairs. She quotes around the $600mark. Jimmy states “I can have a new suit made for less than that overseas” and is unwilling to make it right.

The alterations and quoting from IM leathers between her and Jimmy goes on until November 2012…6 months of BS of him not willing to make it right.

At this point it’s the off season, and I’m sick of running around trying to fix a product he should have made right, not me. I understand Jennifer had to make her own measurements, so she wanted me there anyways… great, I get it. I brought Jimmy back his half disassembled suit that he was unwilling to pay for alterations on. Jenn tore down the legs to put in other leather and stretch panels, and Jimmy stiffed her on her disassembly work as well.

Fast forward to March 2013. 2 years and 6 months from my original fitting…Jimmy agrees to re-imburse me for the suit, minus the cost of the gloves I purchased. No problem… but since then I have never received anything whatsoever towards re-imbursement.

The sad part about this is that I’m not the only one.The “Knee issue” was prevalent on another few customers suits.I would like to knowhow those panned out.

I’m out $1500 bucks, and a lot of my time for something he never delivered.

I cant believe that for 1500 bucks your suit was made over seas...

I was looking at a suit myself recently and actually came across and thought about getting a custom one from velocity. But after reading a couple "reviews" and checking out their site i decide to go another route...glad i made that decision at this point.

You may be out 1500 bucks at this point, but thats nothing compared to the potential business that he will lose as a result of this....

Not for nothin as I haven't reviewed velocity but I recently got a one piece dainese from riders choice and it was less than 1500 (on sale and they had several in stock). I know custom made means more money but maybe it's worth it to go somewhere like that and see what they have to offer.

My biggest problem is i'm 6'3" and 155lbs. Nothing off the shelf fits me.

Maybe this is of no use now...

But what I would suggest is talking to someone like John Bickle. Try and figure out if there is a brand of suit that is easier to alter in the torso, find one that fits well in the shoulders, arms and legs and have JB take in the torso so it fits properly.

Almost exact same scenario happened to a buddy of mine. He is barrel chested and the velocity suit was a nightmare. Pretty much a write off of the money.

+1 for you to at least contact Bickle and see what he says/recommends.

Another velocity horror story...

Just look at the glove group buy thread, months late, excuses excuses

It still baffles me that people are paying these prices for alibaba suits and waiting months and getting in on these group buys

Just walk into a shop and buy a quality, proven suit for less money

Hell walk into ****ing royal and get a joe rocket suit for $500 and have it instantly

What a joke

My pro level kangaroo teknic suit didn't even cost $1500 wtf people

I have to take issue with your comment about the gloves. Anyone can go read the thread on this site. Gloves were not months late. Maybe a couple weeks late. Bunch of orders late or at the last minute. Gloves were a couple weeks late. I got a pair and for the price I payed I'm pleased. Did a lot of shopping and the stingray is very nice and not available from anywhere else that I could find.
PS I have a Joe rocket Jacket and Dainese full leathers an these Two manufacturers don't even belong in the same sentence. I'd like to hear more details about your Kangroo suit, as I've not found anything in that price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom