Velocity Sportsgear | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Velocity Sportsgear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll step in and out for a minute. I have a Velocity 'roo suit and it has had one minor issue, which is a seam that let go in the crotch, repaired it for $30 locally. I also crashed in the suit, at a high speed at Calabogie, sent it to Velocity and it was properly repaired, though it took a while because there was a summer vacation involved. The VR-Pro gloves and suit were damaged but held up really well considering what was a 3rd gear, 12,000 rpm crash with a bike on top of me for added friction for about what looked to be about 30 feet. Kangaroo isn't supposed to hold up as well for multiple crashes, but mine are quite usable, most of the damage was in the breathable mesh.

That's all. Carry on.

Jimmy, I've done business with you and you treated me well. But I have to tell you that you are not helping your cause, your brand, or your reputation by engaging in pages of bickering. As a businessman you should know that you respond once, make the situation right, and then LEAVE IT ALONE.

It's apparent that no one is going to see eye to eye here. Pay the man his $1500 tomorrow. Sell your golf clubs if you have to. But for the love of god, just make it go away and move on. You are single-handedly killing your brand on the biggest motorcycle forum in Canada.

Stop......talking.

Jimmy, I've done business with you and you treated me well. But I have to tell you that you are not helping your cause, your brand, or your reputation by engaging in pages of bickering. As a businessman you should know that you respond once, make the situation right, and then LEAVE IT ALONE.

It's apparent that no one is going to see eye to eye here. Pay the man his $1500 tomorrow. Sell your golf clubs if you have to. But for the love of god, just make it go away and move on. You are single-handedly killing your brand on the biggest motorcycle forum in Canada.

Stop......talking.

I have to agree with this. I'm quite happy with my Velocity jacket, but Jimmy - you gotta bail on this with the way you're going.

I'm not a track rider by any means, and wear more of a touring style of gear, so I would probably not personally have need for a full set of race leathers, etc.

But based on posts in this thread (by both sides) and the quality or lack thereof, of Velocity suits I've seen in person, I would now never do business with this company.

Hell, just the fact that the owner is ****-talking his competitors would turn me away; it's one thing to be competitive, it's another thing to criticize a potential customer because they wear someone else's product. That's not a very smart way to try and attract business. The last time I walked into a shop and a rep "joked" about a competitor's item I was carrying, I walked right back out and never returned.

I agree. I'm out.

Stop......talking.

Last edited:
:lmao:

PS
I look forward to velocity's heated gear review

I'd be careful there friend... Your photo (obviously) makes a suggestion about the safety of his products, which at this point, is unfounded. It could be interpreted as slander. Posting it on the internet is no different than writing it in a newspaper. Trust me... The wrong joke can get you into a heap of trouble.

Bought stuff from Velocity and Jimmy. Had an issue, it was resolved. Took a bit of time, but it was resolved. Not reflective of what is posted here.

I think the thread needs to /end

Too bad about this whole thing.
I have 2 pairs of kevlar pants and a shorty and a gauntlet gloves.
Albeit this is only my 4th season riding, I've tried a lot of gears and done researches and at the pricrle point (group buy price), I'm very happy with the products.

Jimmy, if you are still reading this thread, I hope you suceed in the new business. If i still was into snowboarding and winter sports, i would definitely buy the heated gears.

Sorry to hear about any problems here. Any dealings I've had with Jimmy have been fine and he ate some costs with postage when I had an issue with sizing for some cargo pants and he corrected the issue in a very timely manner. The products I ordered have been great and I use them still.

April 2013, so its been 15 months. That's more than a year.

And yes, enough everybody with the public lynching, I started this to bring this issue to light in order to warn others, or as I would prefer, come to a long sought after resolution with Jimmy.

Give the man some time to make good on his promise. If he doesn't, then let the lynching begin...

I've waited this long, might as well give him a few days reprieve to see what happens.

-Matt

Sense of time certainly not his strong suit. Hope you get your money/refund within the next 48 hrs.

I've had a velocity suit for 3 almost 4 years now and it's holding up fine. I got one of the first sets of custom suit, so there was an issue, the jacket of the 2pc suit was too short, but he got it fixed for me over the winter and all was good. I even crashed in it and walked out unscathed, the butt of my suit is just rashed a bit. I went with his suits because I'm not an off the rack sized girl, the price was good, a few friends had his suits and he seemed like a stand up guy. I also have bought 2 of his VR-pro gloves, just waiting until I'm in town to pick up my second pair.

I really should be buying some of his VR-Pros as all my gloves are rashed or ripped. I'm just lazy, I admit it. ;)

They're a good price and fit me better than the Bickles I tried, which was also a pretty good glove, but the palm ripped and was thinner than I thought it would be when I crashed the Tuono on black ice last year (at 80kph :( ) It was an earlier Bickle glove though, he's revised it since. The VR-Pro stood up to the lowside on corner 5 at Calabogie very well... if there had been any less knuckle protection, I'd be minus a lot of skin.

I'd be careful there friend... Your photo (obviously) makes a suggestion about the safety of his products, which at this point, is unfounded. It could be interpreted as slander. Posting it on the internet is no different than writing it in a newspaper. Trust me... The wrong joke can get you into a heap of trouble.

It's a joke, but then again some people have no sense of humor and it seems that they'll do anything for a $...

Sense of time certainly not his strong suit. Hope you get your money/refund within the next 48 hrs.
I hope so too. I'm not holding my breath though...

I haven't had a problem with the gloves though, haven't worn them much, so can't give an accurate review. I'm glad hat most have been happy with their Velocity purchases. Seems mine has been one of the worst...

I hope so too. I'm not holding my breath though...

I haven't had a problem with the gloves though, haven't worn them much, so can't give an accurate review. I'm glad hat most have been happy with their Velocity purchases. Seems mine has been one of the worst...

That is just it. I don't think we are here disputing how tough Velocity's products stand up to crashes and abuse, when they fit right. Don't think we are here to compare his products to his competitors like A*, Tecknic, etc. Obviously, we are not making up stories that specifically target Velocity and not anyone else regarding his customer service. All Jimmy had to do, even up until this thread came live on the forum, is to take ownership of the issue, address the complaint and provide a solution with date & time. All he had to do to make Matt, the OP, happy was to say somewhere along the lines... "Matt, there were challenges along the way, and to go right to the point, your refund in $xxxx amount can be picked up at my office on July 25th." But he chose to blow up a bunch of smokes again, claiming how his products are superior (not that we are disputing it with this thread), giving excuses how his supplies screwed up one way or another, playing victim as to saying people are bashing his products, etc. Customers don't care about his relationship with his suppliers (how he has to pay money to his suppliers). They care about the end product and the service that Jimmy/Velocity claims they are selling.

Just because Jimmy/Velocity got screwed by the person he sent OP to get his suit adjusted, doesn't mean he gets to screw OP over. Do the right thing and refund his money as you've stated in your post... none of this "you will have your money very soon" BS. Set a date instead of dragging this out. A nice guy would've done that months ago.

Just because Jimmy/Velocity got screwed by the person he sent OP to get his suit adjusted, doesn't mean he gets to screw OP over. Do the right thing and refund his money as you've stated in your post... none of this "you will have your money very soon" BS. Set a date instead of dragging this out. A nice guy would've done that months ago.

Listen, as a business owner it's sometimes hard to find out large chunks of cash to pay out right away. For example, at the end of July is the worst time to ask for money, HST is due, quarterly payroll remittance is due, WSIB payment is due, accounting (for me) for the previous year is due, insurance renewal (for me any ways) is due etc... At the end month you usually save up to pay rent or pay employees for semi-monthly. Sometimes it's tricky with cash flow. I spend more money at the end of July than I do in any other month because of all the things that are due. If someone asked me for an extra $1500 I'd say come back in August. I don't know Jimmy's story but I do know a lot of things are due at the end of July. Also, in industries like Jimmy's there are a lot of accounts receivable. A lot of times companies don't get money till 30 days or 60 days whatever the terms are. That's why they have large operating lines to sustain them until they get money.

Listen, as a business owner it's sometimes hard to find out large chunks of cash to pay out right away. For example, at the end of July is the worst time to ask for money, HST is due, quarterly payroll remittance is due, WSIB payment is due, accounting (for me) for the previous year is due, insurance renewal (for me any ways) is due etc... At the end month you usually save up to pay rent or pay employees for semi-monthly. Sometimes it's tricky with cash flow. I spend more money at the end of July than I do in any other month because of all the things that are due. If someone asked me for an extra $1500 I'd say come back in August. I don't know Jimmy's story but I do know a lot of things are due at the end of July. Also, in industries like Jimmy's there are a lot of accounts receivable. A lot of times companies don't get money till 30 days or 60 days whatever the terms are. That's why they have large operating lines to sustain them until they get money.

Understandable, but whats the excuse for the other 23 months?

$1500 isn't exactly a large amount of cash. I could understand something like LiNK666 stated, but that surely didn't happen each month for the last 15 months.

Things happen, but seriously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom