Kevlar jeans | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kevlar jeans

The Scorpion Covert ones are great and got a good review on revzilla. Local dealers can get them in.
Also, the Triumph heritage are fantastic . Look like regular jeans without the "patched" leg look or embroidered skulls on the pocket, "yo!"

as a tangent, anyone know who sells riding jean or textile pants in tall sizes in Canada? I need a 36 inseam.

Joe Rockets have Tall sizes, might have to go online though.

I bought Resurgence black jeans from GP bikes they come with knee and hip pads (never used them). They were $225.00 but they have Kevlar throughout not just panels. They are also stretch denim so you have a little flex when riding, I found other jeans had pinched point after sitting in the saddle.

I bought Resurgence black jeans from GP bikes they come with knee and hip pads (never used them). They were $225.00 but they have Kevlar throughout not just panels. They are also stretch denim so you have a little flex when riding, I found other jeans had pinched point after sitting in the saddle.

I still question kevlar thread vs panels -- imo panels have to hold up better during a slide, as individual threads are more likely to fail or degrade over time/washings.

I got a pair of the bull-its for $49.98 from royal, I had to go 3 sizes up and then shrink in the wash to fit my thighs properly but they worked out.

I was wondering if they would shrink after a couple of times in the wash. At royal in Guelph they had a couple of 34's and 36's that I was hesitant to try on but if they shrink then maybe they might be worth a shot. You can't beat the price tag haha.

I was also looking into the RHOK jeans. I borrowed a pair from my buddy and they fit great. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a local retailer that sells them. If not the. I guess I'll have to order online.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Cheers

I have a pair of the Motoport Kevlar Street Jean and they are awesome. I have other excellent riding pants, but these are so much more protective and more comfortable. They also stretch (the front pockets too) and are machine washable (without having to remove the armour). They are fully kevlar - stitching, fabric and all... I often ride with a pair of thin shorts on underneath or a par of jeans. Very highly recommended.
http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=48&cid=29&Itemid=15

I just got my joe rocket blaster armoured jeans. Size 34x34. I'm 5'11" and 190lbs. I normally wear a 32" Jean. The construction of the jeans is good and the seams are well sewn. I like the leather accents, especially at the bottom of the legs on the back - this would prevent wear when walking. The thighs are good sized, but not too large. The Kevlar panels in the seat and legs are well placed and appear to be quite strong. The armour can be adjusted in the pockets and the flex panels at the knees are nice too. The downside - the armour doesn't line up with my knees/shins. It fits right when sitting in a chair, but on the bike, the knees placement is a bit high. Overall, I'd rate them pretty good, but the fit just doesn't work for me. So, having said that, I will have to return them. I paid $150 for them. If anyone wants them for sticker price $135, I'll eat the tax. Just might be easier than sending them back. Let me know ASAP or they will be in the mail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Held makes a nice pair of kevlar jeans too. They come with armour. Had a pair of Sartso and even tested them. They worked well.

Hey everyone. I'm in the market for some Kevlar jeans. I tried on a couple at royal but their selection isn't the greatest. I tried the bull-it jeans and they were heavy and are a strange fit. I also tried some joe rockets and they weren't great either.

I'm looking for something that's relatively light and comfortable with some armour underneath.

If anyone has some good experience with any particular brand can you lead me in the right direction haha.

Thanks

Icon Recon pants are okay. That's what I wear.
The wife has a pair of Draggin' Jeans (Australian, not the USA crap).

I've road tested the former. Better than regular jeans, for sure.
The Draggin' jeans have not been road tested, but their website attests to their durability.

I generally wear knee/shin armour underneath the Recon pants

You can't put a price on safety.....How much is your head worth to you? Twenty bucks? Buy a twenty dollar helmet and be happy! Believe me, no one cares what you wear...:rolleyes:

More so with lids. Jeans in the end are just that. They help but they're nothing like leather. Same with the jackets. While a textile jacket for sure saved me from serious injury a leather one would have held up better. I don't care what anyone thinks about what I wear personally. If I feel it's a sage product I'll wear it

You can't put a price on safety.....How much is your head worth to you? Twenty bucks? Buy a twenty dollar helmet and be happy! Believe me, no one cares what you wear...:rolleyes:

Actually... the $200 helmet is as good as the $500 helmet, minus the fancy graphics.... so yeah, you CAN spend *too much* on gear. Not all of us are rich and have money coming out of our bums to blow on excessively priced gear.

Motoport gear is full Kevlar. It's not overpriced, but extremely high quality material that is quite superior to leather in so many ways. Also it's a good alternative for people that don't want to be wearing animal products where possible.
I buy the best gear I can afford and so I have owned some pretty cheap gear in the past, with the mindset that as I continue to ride, the products I buy will be always getting better in quality - definitely not worse in quality or even staying the same.

So while some might spend $1000 on a full leather suit, I'll spend that on some other good gear like Kevlar. And while I can't afford to buy a $15,000 BMW or Ducati, I can afford to buy a less expensive bike and great gear. Don't knock better quality gear, just because you can't or won't afford it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom