Kevlar jeans | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kevlar jeans

This article seems to hate on anything that isn't styled as skinny jeans. Which should be reserved for women, IMO, lol.

Fully agree. Walked into a west 49 once because jeans were on sale. That's all they had was skinny or smaller jeans. How the f@*! Does one move let alone skateboard in them? Same applies on a bike. I don't need my movements restricted because my jeans are trendy and tight. This is why I buy Joe rocket jeans. Best fitting out of them all and they go over my street boots

Fully agree. Walked into a west 49 once because jeans were on sale. That's all they had was skinny or smaller jeans. How the f@*! Does one move let alone skateboard in them? Same applies on a bike. I don't need my movements restricted because my jeans are trendy and tight. This is why I buy Joe rocket jeans. Best fitting out of them all and they go over my street boots
I saw an article about how they're bad for your man bits, too, lol.

Fully agree. Walked into a west 49 once because jeans were on sale. That's all they had was skinny or smaller jeans. How the f@*! Does one move let alone skateboard in them?

You have to wear the belt really low so you look like you just took a 6lb dump in your pants.

Even then... I've been on a skateboard for almost 30 years. I don't get kids at all these days.

I've got JR kevlar blasters. CE pads on the knees, kevlar in knees and butt. kevlar seams, which have twice the stitching of normal jeans. The boot cut is wayy wide, but they have expansion panels above the knees so the pads are in the right place.
They aren't the best because it doesn't say so on their website.

For track or highway, leather.

Good point from that article: kevlar is a trade name to Dupont. The Kevlar patent expired, but they have the trademark. Aramid fiber is exactly the same thing, just the generic name.

Not going to join the debate on what's best. Just get what fits.

However, there are many who remark that knee pads contained in knee pockets do not fit properly fit and are uncomfortable. The solution is simple. I've ditched the included knee pads in every pair of MC pants I own. Wear a separate knee pad (tube or strap on type) under the pants. Comfortable, discreet, and always stays in the proper position.

Not going to join the debate on what's best. Just get what fits.

However, there are many who remark that knee pads contained in knee pockets do not fit properly fit and are uncomfortable. The solution is simple. I've ditched the included knee pads in every pair of MC pants I own. Wear a separate knee pad (tube or strap on type) under the pants. Comfortable, discreet, and always stays in the proper position.

Would have to agree with that. That method also let's you select the armor that best fits you.

Beware that the Uglybros jeans are cut for the typical asian male (ie very slim fitting). I bought a pair of their 2-slub kevlar jeans and they fit well in the waist, but hips down they are like tights.

Their Echo-K has kevlar woven into it, and a more "straight" fit. I am wearing them right now and they are (to me at least) more of a North American slim fit. I wish they wove some elastane into the fabric so they would stretch more (the 2slub-K has elastane woven into the fabric).

Purchased my Echo-K from Town Moto. Cool shop!

i like Uglybros jeans, they look very stylish to me, only if i have spare $ for a pair haha

http://corsameccanica.com/ i found them at this site

Has anyone tried the latest products from Resurgance Pekev Jeans? Similar to the ones GP Bikes is selling. I'm curious how they compare to lets say Draggin Jeans. In terms of comfort , fit, wearing them in hot weather, built in protection pads etc.

Any feedback appreciated.

I'm also looking for new Kevlar Jeans. I have Joe Rocket's now however after 1.5 seasons they're starting to wear thin and the stitching is coming loose. I have researched ICON's Hooligan and the Overlord Riding Pants. Both have Kevlar in the high impact areas (knee & Hips) and both have adjustable CE knee armor. I tried on the Overlord Riding pants, they're a relaxed fit, very comfortable and found that they have a mesh lining as well. This should help keep you cool. I have read the reviews about the Hooligan pants and everyone complains about how loose fitting and you need to purchase one size lower. That being said they all say the Hooligan are very comfortable.

Zdeno Cyce in Kitchener have the Overlord Riding Pants in stock or try Canada's Motorcycle for he your best deals ($115-$160).

I don't think I could ever buy a pair without trying them on for fit first. I was sold on the Bull-it brand given the protection, but when I tried on all three styles at the last Royal tent sale none of them came close to fitting me (would have to size up the waist so much I wouldn't have to undo the button to take them on and off lol).

Has anyone tried the latest products from Resurgance Pekev Jeans? Similar to the ones GP Bikes is selling. I'm curious how they compare to lets say Draggin Jeans. In terms of comfort , fit, wearing them in hot weather, built in protection pads etc.

Any feedback appreciated.

Picked up a couple pairs of Resurgence Pekev jeans from GP last year (with the $2000 won at Motorcycle Show). Tried all Kevlar jeans there and the Pekev's were the best for fit, comfort and looks for me (I don't do skinny jeans). Also, the stretch denim definitely helps. (5'10" 180lbs). Heavier than normal jeans and as a result a little warmer in hot weather, but nothing uncomfortable. I don't wear the inserts. I have no issues wearing these jeans in public anytime. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything online where fit is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have leather chaps, but I was thinking of getting some Kevlar jeans for summer riding. Someone I know recommended Diamond Gussets, but until I can actually try them on I can't buy. I prefer a semi-loose boot cut somewhere in between baggy and skinny. Hopefully there will be some at the motorcycle show this year I can try on.

The Australian Draggin' Jeans are a great product...but pricey

Picked up a couple pairs of Resurgence Pekev jeans from GP last year (with the $2000 won at Motorcycle Show). Tried all Kevlar jeans there and the Pekev's were the best for fit, comfort and looks for me (I don't do skinny jeans). Also, the stretch denim definitely helps. (5'10" 180lbs). Heavier than normal jeans and as a result a little warmer in hot weather, but nothing uncomfortable. I don't wear the inserts. I have no issues wearing these jeans in public anytime. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything online where fit is important.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might have to look those up and try them on some time if they fit/have more room than the Bull-its did. How are they holding up after wearing/washing?

Back
Top Bottom