Kevlar jeans | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kevlar jeans

Those Motoport aren't even jeans. They look like power ranger pants.

I've had Draggin and now have Drayko. Both work to good effect for me for what they are. The Draggin held up well in a lowside.

I'll get second set of Drayko's of another style at some point. Drayko have various styles which is nice. The pant leg is long but it usually is in my experience for motorcycle jeans. I liked the relaxed fit and knee armour can fit. They even have a jean option with armor included. Their kevlar material also is CE approved.

http://www.drayko.com/

Over 17 years of independent product testing has ensured that the protective lining used in all Drayko products offers amazing burst, tear and abrasion resistance.
The Drayko lining is the first casual brand to ever pass the stringent European CE tests.
Tested in the USA by Precision Laboratories, the lining also achieved results unmatched by any other fiber in its class.
Putting the science in perspective, Drayko lining has been proven to last almost 2.5 times longer in crash scenarios than linings found in other products on the market.
All Drayko products are lined using two types of military grade DuPont™ Kevlar® and Dyneema®, the World’s Strongest Fiber™.

Last edited:
You can't put a price on safety.....How much is your head worth to you? Twenty bucks? Buy a twenty dollar helmet and be happy! Believe me, no one cares what you wear...:rolleyes:

So more expensive helmets are safer? Exactly where is this written in Arai, Schuberth or Shoei ads? It isn't because it's not true.

Exactly where is the proof that your $500 fancy pants are safer? Testimonial on a website from a guy named "Joe"? (not making that up).

Barnum-T.jpg

They compare their kevlar product to a pair of Levis, so yes, they are better than a pair of levis.

The rest of the website is all unsubstantiated bullsh-t, and I'm not sure any of that stuff even carries a CE level 1 certification. Made in 'MURICA, which means by minimum wage Mexican immigrants.

Only the best materials are used. Ask what the other Air Mesh Jackets and Pants are made of. All that Motoport has seen are made of Polyester that has a 100% Polyurethane Coating. Polyester has poor tear/abrasion strength along with a very low melting range. Adding Polyurethane coating to Polyester is like adding gas to a fire. Sliding on pavement with any other Air Mesh jacket or pant is not safe. Motoport has seen many riders with permanent skin damage where the Polyurethane coating melted into the skin. See Polyurethane in Motoport's Dictionary.

Actually, the best material for abrasion and strength is kangaroo leather.

Agreed they are not even jeans.

I bought them not based on their website testimonials, but based on the countless positive reviews on Advrider and StromTroopers. Have a happy day:)

Oh god not the cheap helmets are just as good argument again. I think it's safe to say there's a tad more r&d into arai or shoei (and other brands) than a 80 dollar cheap helmet. When Marquez starts sporting a cheapie I will too. Comfort weight and peace of mind are worth the money also. :rolleyes:

So more expensive helmets are safer? Exactly where is this written in Arai, Schuberth or Shoei ads? It isn't because it's not true.

Exactly where is the proof that your $500 fancy pants are safer? Testimonial on a website from a guy named "Joe"? (not making that up).
I simply said: " If you want "The Best" in protection, Motoport is the way to go!Everything else is sadly just a cheap imitation."
Two months ago, our rooki rider low sided in Ozark Mountains. He slid about 25 feet in his Joe Rocket gear, mostly on the grass and gravel. His gear was destroyed beyond recognition and all the armour inserts shifted on impact, offering zero protection to skin and joints. Seeing this first hand, I'm convinced that most of the riding gear on the market today offers minimal protection at best. Once again, I don't care what's your choice of riding gear.....it's your skin, head, bones, life after all! I know, that my 35 years of "real world" riding experience is no match to your extensive "Internet" knowledge (2,228 post in one year...):rolleyes: .....Keep'em coming, I love a good entertainment after long day of riding.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oh god not the cheap helmets are just as good argument again. I think it's safe to say there's a tad more r&d into arai or shoei (and other brands) than a 80 dollar cheap helmet. When Marquez starts sporting a cheapie I will too. Comfort weight and peace of mind are worth the money also. :rolleyes:

Marquez sports an Arai because he is sponsored by Arai. These companies spend 10:1 marketing over R&D.

Here:

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

independent testing, no marketing BS. Only the AraiGP5X gets 5 stars, no other Arai.

Meanwhile, some $120 helmets give full 5 star ratings. The other important point: you cannot make generalizations about any one company, all have models varying from one star to 5 stars, and there is no correlation between costs and safety ranking.

I simply said: " If you want "The Best" in protection, Motoport is the way to go!Everything else is sadly just a cheap imitation."

Based on what? your opinion? Because?

Two months ago, our rooki rider low sided in Ozark Mountains. He slid about 25 feet in his Joe Rocket gear, mostly on the grass and gravel. His gear was destroyed beyond recognition and all the armour inserts shifted on impact, offering zero protection to skin and joints. Seeing this first hand, I'm convinced that most of the riding gear on the market today offers minimal protection at best. Once again, I don't care what's your choice of riding gear.....it's your skin, head, bones, life after all! I know, that my 35 years of "real world" riding experience is no much to your extensive "Internet" knowledge (2,228 post in one year...):rolleyes: .....Keep'em coming, I love a good entertainment after long day of riding.....:rolleyes:

Oh, I see, based on a fake story you made up. I should make more decisions based on random people's unverifiable stories on the internet.

Lots of people on this forum will tell you various textile wear crash stories with good results.

And yes, I look for research and evidence, testing, and this is bad. Enjoy your fancy pants, it's just another credit card.

Marquez actually wears a shoei. It's all fine and good that testing says one thing. Yes all companies have different models and not all are the best. That said I made a comment as far as r&d go and other factors that make most people spend what they do. While one or two 120 dollar helmets may rate a "5" it doesn't mean they all do. I've always worn a shoei and likely always will. There's far more r&d in my 800 dollar helmet than any cheapie and that makes it worth it to me.

This is not exactly scientific but does show that Textile gear can do a decent job in a crash:

http://dontai.com/wp/2010/06/03/does-motorcycle-mesh-gear-melt-in-a-crash/

I think for most people leather is the best thing for protection and road rash. I choose to wear textile gear (Olympia Airglide jacket and pants) because I like that it is adaptable (can add or remove layers for water resistance and warmth), and the venting allows me a great deal of comfort on summer days. They also go over my work wear which makes them easy to use for commuting.

I do have kevlar jeans (Velocity ones from last summer's group buy) but I prefer to wear the Airglide pants because the venting makes them more comfortable when I am riding and it is super easy to add or remove my strap on knee protectors versus having to pull my kevlar jeans all the way up and down to do the same thing.

They also have some retroreflective piping which adds some extra visibility over jeans.

They compare their kevlar product to a pair of Levis, so yes, they are better than a pair of levis.

Agreed they are not even jeans.

Point missed. The OP wants kevlar jeans. The motoport jean are not jean style, they are textile pants. Hence the adv rider love.

IMG_8816.jpg

IMG_8812.jpg

This is jean style
049-472-12244.jpg

Last edited:
i had a pair of the icon riding jeans... they were ok, not too heavy... but the knee pads annoyed the heck out of me so ended up taking them out. Give em a try

Thanks everyone for their input. I think I'm going to order a pair of RHOK jeans.

Back
Top Bottom