Kevlar jeans | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kevlar jeans

drey

Hey everyone. I'm in the market for some Kevlar jeans. I tried on a couple at royal but their selection isn't the greatest. I tried the bull-it jeans and they were heavy and are a strange fit. I also tried some joe rockets and they weren't great either.

I'm looking for something that's relatively light and comfortable with some armour underneath.

If anyone has some good experience with any particular brand can you lead me in the right direction haha.

Thanks

A couple of my friends wear Kevlar jeans without armour and wear motocross knee guards beneath them...

yjy4e7uq.jpg

Hey everyone. I'm in the market for some Kevlar jeans. I tried on a couple at royal but their selection isn't the greatest. I tried the bull-it jeans and they were heavy and are a strange fit. I also tried some joe rockets and they weren't great either.

I'm looking for something that's relatively light and comfortable with some armour underneath.

If anyone has some good experience with any particular brand can you lead me in the right direction haha.

Thanks

Good luck in your search.
You're not likely to find anything due to your desires.
There's nothing "relatively light" about riding / protective jeans.
I have 3 pair.
1) Draggin Jeans: Kevlar knees, hips, ***.
2) Cortech: Kevlar knees hips, ***, CE armour knees.
3) Joe Rocket: Kevlar knees. hips, ***, armour knees (not sure if CE but probably).
(I have not crash tested any of the above).

A decent pair of these, and you really don't notice how heavy they are while walking around:

Sartso brand, hard to find now in the GTA but they look good and offer good protection. As been stated, it's a good idea to get knee armour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Resurgence Jeans and they came with plastic knee guards and foam hip protectors. I got these at Riders Choice; I initially went there to get leather pants but was convinced by the sales rep. that they're unnecessary for street-use. Maybe the track where the probability of getting thrown off is higher.

Find something you're comfortable with, but make sure you're at the very minimum wearing protective pants. Don't wear blue-jeans, it will not protect you whatsoever.

You might want to try the Dainese jeans that are armour ready (you buy the CE knee inserts separately). I tried the Dainese non-armour ready kevlar jeans on at Rider's Choice and they are just like normal jeans as far as weight/thickness goes. In the end I went with the Resurgence jeans like iFly55 since they couldn't get the Dainese in my size.

Great! Thanks for the feedback guys. I realize that Kevlar jeans are never going to be as light as regular jeans. The ones I tried on were a little too much. I'll check out the resurgence jeans and the Dainese ones. Ill be wearing armour under them Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Joe rockets and I don't find them heavy at all. Mega comfortable even after all day. Haven't crashed tested them and hope I never do but I'd suggest them to anyone

I also just picked up a pair of the Joe Rocket kevlar jeans with knee armour... they're a little long but quite comfortable!

I have Joe rockets and I don't find them heavy at all. Mega comfortable even after all day. Haven't crashed tested them and hope I never do but I'd suggest them to anyone
Same here. Great jeans. Fit well, knee armour is at the right height, all-day comfortable.

After finding out Bull-its don't fit me at all I'm leaning towards either the Teknic Violator or Speed & Strength Rage With The Machine jeans, both available at GP Bikes. Both look decent online, so it will come down to whichever fits me best/seems the best when I get around to stopping by.

I got a pair of the bull-its for $49.98 from royal, I had to go 3 sizes up and then shrink in the wash to fit my thighs properly but they worked out.

My Lean Angle Jeans arrived on Friday. Haven't yet taken them for a ride though, too busy and weather.

I have a pair of Drayko jeans that I went down in a few months ago and slid for about 15-20 ft. I got friction burn from them rubbing against my knee, but no gravel to pick out, so I believe they did what they were designed to do. I'm currently looking for knee protection for under them (knox flex lite, bohn coolaire?) to supplement the protection, as I have read and believe that built in knee protection would move around too much to be of use. I was always wearing mesh or textile armour outside of the city and jeans or kevlar jeans in the city, but since my low side, I have not worn regular jeans on my bike. If I had been wearing unlined denim when I went down I still don't think I would be fully healed. Don't love the fit of the draykos (which are like draggin) due to them being really baggy dad type jeans, but the protection is really good. Just got a pair of AGV sport kevlar cargos too that i'm about to take for a spin.

I have a pair of the Maple moto jeans (started by a Canadian, I believe).

They're pretty heavy (13 oz denim) but are well made and include Forcefield armor in the hips and knees.

Pricey as **** tho. Probably would not buy again.

Force Riders, ROHK and AGV are popular with good reviews of fit and safety performance.

as a tangent, anyone know who sells riding jean or textile pants in tall sizes in Canada? I need a 36 inseam.

Crash tested Joe Rocket jeans, some small holes but overall they held up. I went with Icon jeans the second time around as they felt thicker and had a little more substance to them. Also the stretch panels in the crotch and knees was a plus as "normal" jeans give me a wicked wedgie

Diamond Gusset.
Check out their website. North American made.
A little big to start but after 2 or 3 washes fit great.
Price is in line with most of the brands only issue is shipping now.

Back
Top Bottom