Haven't ridden in over a month and I'm going crazy! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haven't ridden in over a month and I'm going crazy!

Pinnach

So my first riding season started off ok, but now I haven't been on my bike in over a month and I don't know when I'll be able to ride again. All for stupid reasons too!

To start, I don't ride as often as I'd like to because I park my bike at my parents house, which is approx 30 min drive from my house. The reason for that is because I have a single car garage and single car driveway, leaving the garage for my wife and the driveway for me.

If you guys recall, the weather was pretty crappy for a couple of weeks last month. Being my first season and I haven't had a chance to go out and buy rain gear. So I just chose not to ride in the rain. The weather was finally looking good for a few days, but I was to go on vacation that week. While I was gone, all I could think about was getting back on my bike when I got home. I get home, it rains a few more days.

Then, a couple of weeks ago I had a keloid removed from my ear. Surgeon says not to disturb the wound for at least 3 weeks or it will grow back. I ask him about wearing a helmet and he says "oh, well in that case better make it at least 2 weeks AFTER removing the stitches". I still have stitches and they're being removed this Thursday.

I was planning on still giving it a try next weekend and just hope that my helmet doesn't hurt my ear that much.

A couple of days ago I went to my parents house to find that the road has been completely pulverized. And I'm talking loose, uncompacted gravel that I was having trouble driving on with my heavy duty truck. I stopped to ask the foreman when the road would get paved, he said "I don't know, could be a few weeks." Call me whatever you want, but I've never ridden on gravel before, let alone fresh gravel that hasn't been packed down properly. And it's not just a short distance, the nearest road is just over a km from the house.

I am looking forward to getting on my bike moreso now than before I got it.

Sorry about the rant, my wife doesn't care for motorcycles and none of my friends ride so this is the only place I could vent.

I feel your pain. Paying out insurance for something that doesn't move much.

My bike was down for six DAYS awaiting new chain and sprockets, and all it took was a sunny day to gives me PMS. Parked motorcycle syndrome.

Gravel is no problem, just be easy on the throttle and the brakes. Use your back brake with your front brake to slow down to avoid loosing traction when coming to a stop. You'll be fine!

Man I've been without my bike since Thursday night and it's killing me... can't imagine how you feel. My charging system went on my R6 so I have to wait until Tuesday to pick up a new stator coil to fix it. :|

Gravel is no problem, just be easy on the throttle and the brakes. Use your back brake with your front brake to slow down to avoid loosing traction when coming to a stop. You'll be fine!

Man I've been without my bike since Thursday night and it's killing me... can't imagine how you feel. My charging system went on my R6 so I have to wait until Tuesday to pick up a new stator coil to fix it. :|
Gravel for the front tire is a problem. Don't be afraid to give it a bit of gas if the front feels loose or starts to wander a bit. Closing the throttle will transfer weight onto the front and exacerbate the problem.

I guess I'll have to just stop being a puss and try it out. I just hope my helmet doesn't still hurt me when I get these damn stitches out.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Just thinking about the helmet going on over your ear has me cringing.

I too have a single car garage and two cars. I store the bike at my parent's during the winter. In the summer, the bike is parked in the garage. Strike a compromise with your wife dude, insurance is too high to have the bike just sitting there collecting dust. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravel for the front tire is a problem. Don't be afraid to give it a bit of gas if the front feels loose or starts to wander a bit. Closing the throttle will transfer weight onto the front and exacerbate the problem.

Gravel is a problem when it's unexpected, if you know you're riding on a slippery / uneven surface you can adjust for that, that's all I meant.

A couple of days ago I went to my parents house to find that the road has been completely pulverized. And I'm talking loose, uncompacted gravel that I was having trouble driving on with my heavy duty truck. I stopped to ask the foreman when the road would get paved, he said "I don't know, could be a few weeks." Call me whatever you want, but I've never ridden on gravel before, let alone fresh gravel that hasn't been packed down properly. And it's not just a short distance, the nearest road is just over a km from the house.
gravel isnt bad at all, i thought it would be as well. i just did a bike trip with a few buddies last month and we probably did about 1hr or riding on unpaved cottage roads...all on SS.
when its rush hour i have a shortcut i take home that is a old closed unpaved road, uphill and downhill, across a bridge over a river....kinda fun actually.

if the road really worries you, just take the sidewalk...i doubt anyone will complain unless you rider like a jerk (which i doubt)

i think im going to buy a blue plated dirt bike next.

I too have a single car garage and two cars. I store the bike at my parent's during the winter. In the summer, the bike is parked in the garage. Strike a compromise with your wife dude, insurance is too high to have the bike just sitting there collecting dust. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really an option, I need my truck for work. I'm pretty much stuck doing this until I can buy a bigger house.

I feel your pain OP. I've been out for a month now because some ******* hit my parked motorcycle. All i'm waiting on is a gas tank....

My PMS is only growing.

I feel your pain. I haven't ridden since last October. At least my bike is in my garage and I can still be near it.

I guess being 7 months pregnant isn't exactly conducive to a lot of riding though.

Can you get the bike into the back yard? I have a one car (which is filled with a project car), the bike gets parked on the patio in my back yard. I just ride it in and out of the gate...

Might want to layer some gauze over your ear before slipping on the helmet.
Infections are a *****.

Can you get the bike into the back yard? I have a one car (which is filled with a project car), the bike gets parked on the patio in my back yard. I just ride it in and out of the gate...

This ^^

Also, what's wrong with riding in the rain? It's going to happen at some point.

I feel your pain. I haven't ridden since last October. At least my bike is in my garage and I can still be near it.

I guess being 7 months pregnant isn't exactly conducive to a lot of riding though.

You probably have the most legit reason to stay off a bike for a while! Congrats.

I've tried, unfortunately my ac is at the side of the house and there is a step up to get past the gate.

This ^^

Also, what's wrong with riding in the rain? It's going to happen at some point.

I don't mind the rain with proper gear, but I haven't gotten around to purchasing anything yet. All I've got is a crappy windbreaker I wear over my mesh jacket and it's good for about 10 minutes max.

Back
Top Bottom