Ottawa Senators' owner says "Die, Putin, die" www.BoycottPutinNow.com | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ottawa Senators' owner says "Die, Putin, die" www.BoycottPutinNow.com

MarcosSantiago

The owner of the NHL's Ottawa Senators, Eugene Melnyk, is asking you to join him in a boycott against Russia's FIFA World Cup in 2018 as well as all its sponsors.

What do you think?

http://www.boycottputinnow.com

[video=youtube;O4VY0Hyawjc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4VY0Hyawjc[/video]

What do I think?

I think Melnyk is sitting on a mighty high throne in Barbados while cheating Canadians out of tax dollars.

Did Melnyk boycott Brazilian world cup too? And all its sponsors? Last I heard, gangs and police kill people on the streets there. How about Chinese Olympics? Did they not thwart human rights in China?

Ukraine's record is not all that clean either, so did he boycott the EuroCup that was hosted there few years back?

As a matter of fact is everything so rosey in Canada? Are all of Senators' sponsors and affiliates squeeky clean? Big banks, lawyers, manufacturers. No violations, sweat shops, dirty politics?

Give me a break.

Did Melnyk boycott Brazilian world cup too? And all its sponsors? Last I heard, gangs and police kill people on the streets there. How about Chinese Olympics? Did they not thwart human rights in China?

Ukraine's record is not all that clean either, so did he boycott the EuroCup that was hosted there few years back?

As a matter of fact is everything so rosey in Canada? Are all of Senators' sponsors and affiliates squeeky clean? Big banks, lawyers, manufacturers. No violations, sweat shops, dirty politics?

Give me a break.

I didn't quite understand. Do you want him to fix all that first?

:p

i boycotted the brazil world cup. (people of brazil didn't want it)
i didn't watch a single game

nobody noticed.
nobody cared.
nothing changed.

Where would you suggest they hold it?

Myself? So many places!

I'd ask Mexico first, they are all up for that kind of thing, anytime. Also, they hosted the FIFA tournament twice already. More stadiums in close vicinity than you can shake a stick at. Good weather in the summer, not too hot. Infrastructure is more than enough to support this kind of event. Plenty of beaches. And Cartel activity went under the radar again with the new president, who decided to ease the war on drugs = street violence is down.

You wanna worry about innocent people dying? Lets start with Palestine and 66 years of innocent people dying by Israel in MUCH higher numbers than Russia. Wanna go further? lets talk about American foreign policy and over a million civilians dead in Iraq after America's ILLEGAL invasion of Iraq according tot he UN.

And not to talk about Afghanistan where our Canadian troops were sent to die so that the fat cats in Ottawa can wink at the American corrup corporate driven government and say 'hey, were right with you by killing our youth in a nonsensical war!'. Which is the same thing Harper is doing with Israel

Im an atheist with no religious ties or strong patriotism towards one faction or another so none of this is fuelled by a bias.
Im all for protesting big government inhumane misuse of power but to turn a blind eye to our own backyard and jump on issues motivated by a bias is nothing but dirty politics, not social/political activism.

But it’s ok to support murderous Israel?

Interesting video. Not sure if this will change the location though.

Speaking out against Russia is okay. Speaking out against Israel makes you a jew-hating Hitler wannabe and the repercussions are massive.

Wow, you guys are killing me here. :colors:

I don’t think anybody is asking people to turn a blind eye to anything.

Now, everybody has some kind of bias, so priorities will be different: if your moral and geo-political compass says that protesting to Mr. Harper for his posture in Israel is a priority, then it is a priority for you. On the other hand, for this guy the top priority is cancelling the FIFA cup in Russia.

Now, we all complain about this, that, and the other - but usually we don’t go and start a website to make our posture so clearly public. That’s why I think it is curios that this guy is using his $$ resources to make some noise.

Yes, he has the right to express his opinion and use his money to sponsor this kind of campaign.
No, he is not going to fix the whole world as a pre-requisite to speak his mind up. He doesn’t have to.
Yes, the videos are over the top, obviously the guy feels very strongly about this, you can tell he hates Mr. Putin.
If he cheats on his taxes or not (I didn’t know about that) doesn’t meant that he can’t have a political opinion.

Now, if you think there are other issues more important, then focus your energies on those issues.

You wanna worry about innocent people dying? Lets start with Palestine and 66 years of innocent people dying by Israel in MUCH higher numbers than Russia. Wanna go further? lets talk about American foreign policy and over a million civilians dead in Iraq after America's ILLEGAL invasion of Iraq according tot he UN.

And not to talk about Afghanistan where our Canadian troops were sent to die so that the fat cats in Ottawa can wink at the American corrup corporate driven government and say 'hey, were right with you by killing our youth in a nonsensical war!'. Which is the same thing Harper is doing with Israel

Im an atheist with no religious ties or strong patriotism towards one faction or another so none of this is fuelled by a bias.
Im all for protesting big government inhumane misuse of power but to turn a blind eye to our own backyard and jump on issues motivated by a bias is nothing but dirty politics, not social/political activism.

Speaking out against Russia is okay. Speaking out against Israel makes you a jew-hating Hitler wannabe and the repercussions are massive.
It's true however in the recent years and mainly due to social media and what i call individual journalism, its a lot more acceptable to speak about factual war crimes of Israel without being branded.

There is a huge shift in public opinion all around the world on the Israeli-Palestinian issue which allows for less uncomfortable conversations. I had this (otherwise awkward) conversation with the HR lady in my company who is a staunch Israeli and will not hear about how they are ethnically cleansing Palestinians. But with some careful wording, i spoke to her and brought up some fact/stats some of which might have sunk in. Let see how long it takes before i get my notice lol

Wow, you guys are killing me here. :colors:

I don’t think anybody is asking people to turn a blind eye to anything.

Now, everybody has some kind of bias, so priorities will be different: if your moral and geo-political compass says that protesting to Mr. Harper for his posture in Israel is a priority, then it is a priority for you. On the other hand, for this guy the top priority is cancelling the FIFA cup in Russia.

Now, we all complain about this, that, and the other - but usually we don’t go and start a website to make our posture so clearly public. That’s why I think it is curios that this guy is using his $$ resources to make some noise.

Yes, he has the right to express his opinion and use his money to sponsor this kind of campaign.
No, he is not going to fix the whole world as a pre-requisite to speak his mind up. He doesn’t have to.
Yes, the videos are over the top, obviously the guy feels very strongly about this, you can tell he hates Mr. Putin.
If he cheats on his taxes or not (I didn’t know about that) doesn’t meant that he can’t have a political opinion.

Now, if you think there are other issues more important, then focus your energies on those issues.

I agree with you and yes we do have different priorities. All i am saying is that in my opinion, priorities should reflect the scale damage being done to innocent people.
If there is an injustice that is affecting 400 people and is less than a few months old and in another place it's killing 40000 in over 66 years and we have to pick one to talk about, i think itd be more urgent to talk about the latter, irrespective of our personal ties to either.

Back
Top Bottom