My First Group Ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

My First Group Ride

BrownBrady

I just went to my first group ride today and I'm so glad I showed up. At first, I was trying to come up with an excuse not to go because I felt embarrassed because I had a learner's bike. Then there was another rider with a CBR250cc. We rode from Oshawa to Port Hope through beautiful scenic route at an easy pace. Then off to Port Hope at highway speeds. My bike was lagging up inclines but with a nice tuck and lower gear, I was able to somewhat keep up. I learned a lot today about group riding, turning/counter-steering, and riding in moderate wind.

Here's a video of my first group ride:

[video=youtube;LUb9YE3mqUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUb9YE3mqUc[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUb9YE3mqUc

Last edited:
In general people need to stop worrying about what others think. I ride the smallest bike out of all my buddies and I could care less. Good for you for going. Don't let what people think stop you from anything.

In general people need to stop worrying about what others think. I ride the smallest bike out of all my buddies and I could care less. Good for you for going. Don't let what people think stop you from anything.

:eek:ccasion5:

Loved video. You made me let out a good laugh with the editing (when the pedestrians are crossing).
Been riding for a few years myself, but haven't tried a group ride yet. Looked like fun.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I just went to my first group ride today and I'm so glad I showed up. At first, I was trying to come up with an excuse not to go because I felt embarrassed because I had a learner's bike. Then there was another rider with a CBR250cc. We rode from Oshawa to Port Hope through beautiful scenic route at an easy pace. Then off to Port Hope at highway speeds. My bike was lagging up inclines but with a nice tuck and lower gear, I was able to somewhat keep up. I learned a lot today about group riding, turning/counter-steering, and riding in moderate wind.

Here's a video of my first group ride: http://youtu.be/azzodjBQob4?list=UU_LsUvMpCG1d8kYQbE5N10A

Glad you had a great time. Nice video, I love Kickstart My Heart! \m/

Could not care less. I think that's what you mean?

he rides a gixxer 600...so...he couldn't care less...

Op, I'm glad you enjoyed the group ride...this is dying thing so cherish the memories and be nice to the guy who pulls up to u on a "learner's bike" 5 years from now when you are on your kawi SS...

Op, I'm glad you enjoyed the group ride...this is dying thing so cherish the memories and be nice to the guy who pulls up to u on a "learner's bike" 5 years from now when you are on your kawi SS...

I don't think its dying (group rides). I think its just going private. Most people who I know don't tell anyone what they are doing let a lone a web forum. They only trust their circle of friends when it comes to the skills of riding around them. I had a few people speak to me about this at different times. Its about safety for everyone, and a concern that a new rider may cause an error due to their lack of familiarity to new situations that can happen in a split second or less in this sport.

I don't agree 100%, but I do understand.

Glad you had fun on the ride OP. Anyone that makes fun of bike size has other problems. I started on a 600. To me that was a starter bike. lol

While all my buddies are on 1000s. I get razzed about it all the time. I know they're mostly joking but I still hear it. Don't give a damn what anyone says.

My 600 is also the smallest bike in the group I ride with, surprisingly I don't get razzed about it. I think they all know if anything ever goes pear shaped I'd be the first to be caught

Back
Top Bottom