Vehicle seller on Kijiji holds 4 people for ransom, threatens with machete | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vehicle seller on Kijiji holds 4 people for ransom, threatens with machete

8uvabemy.jpg

i guess this is the Somalis way of out doing the Nigerians, THEY post the kijiji ad and then hold you hostage when you show up.

And this is why so many buyers want to send a Nigerian shipping company to complete a transaction.

Now it's just baffling - the same guy who thought that the reverse shakedown was a good idea in the first place, has the presence of mind to turn himself in?

Apparently he walked into the police station and said "I'm innocent, probably I did it in a drunken stupor so please just let it go"

Apparently he walked into the police station and said "I'm innocent, probably I did it in a drunken stupor so please just let it go"

in patois no less.

Last time I sold a bike I could've sworn I was going to get robbed or at least have my bike stolen. Meet random guy and his friend in a dark parking lot after dark.

Especially after he asked me if he could start up the bike and instead took off on it. He just went around the parking lot but in my mind I thought, "Wtf? He didn't ask if he could RIDE it. There goes my bike."

Got the money at the end, though, didn't get robbed, and didn't die.

Now it's just baffling - the same guy who thought that the reverse shakedown was a good idea in the first place, has the presence of mind to turn himself in?

Or... His mom dragged his *** down to the station... so the tact guys wouldn't come and kick off her, and everyone else he knows, doors... again!?

Last time I sold a bike I could've sworn I was going to get robbed or at least have my bike stolen. Meet random guy and his friend in a dark parking lot after dark.

Especially after he asked me if he could start up the bike and instead took off on it. He just went around the parking lot but in my mind I thought, "Wtf? He didn't ask if he could RIDE it. There goes my bike."

Got the money at the end, though, didn't get robbed, and didn't die.
Why would you put yourself in such a situation?

Why would you put yourself in such a situation?

Don't have any friends that could come with me and it wasn't supposed to be dark but the guy got stuck at work late. Plus it was the only convenient time for me to come. I had a friend that picked me up that could have come but then I'd have to wait until even later.

That bike was sold a year ago and is still in my name. Supposedly it's destroyed though. I had MTO mark it as sold the other day.

Don't have any friends that could come with me and it wasn't supposed to be dark but the guy got stuck at work late. Plus it was the only convenient time for me to come. I had a friend that picked me up that could have come but then I'd have to wait until even later.

That bike was sold a year ago and is still in my name. Supposedly it's destroyed though. I had MTO mark it as sold the other day.

How do you do this? Is there a form to complete? Do you have to go in person or can you do it online?
Thank you, I need to do the same.

How do you do this? Is there a form to complete? Do you have to go in person or can you do it online?
Thank you, I need to do the same.
I don't think you can do it online. I just went there and was explaining why I needed a new ownership and UVIP (guy never transferred it to his name, lost all the paperwork, wanted to sell it to someone else for parts) and she said we could mark it as sold so it doesn't come back to haunt me should anything happen. So I guess just ask them. Think she made me sign something. There was no charge.

Annoyingly, after spending $30 for that stuff the guy hasn't gotten back to my requests to drop it off to him and have him pay me back for the cost, even though I did him a favor by getting it to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom