driving under suspension | GTAMotorcycle.com

driving under suspension

darryle

medical suspension,license was reinstated last fall,pulled over thursday night given a ticket for driving while under suspension,where do I go from here?Lawyer?paralegal? ,ex copper?Any advise appreciated

I'm confused. I know medical suspensions can be based on health issues that would cause a driver to lose control, sight etc. If the license was reinstated why the drive under suspension charge unless there was a second suspension for legal reasons ie unpaid tickets?

medical suspension,license was reinstated last fall,pulled over thursday night given a ticket for driving while under suspension,where do I go from here?Lawyer?paralegal? ,ex copper?Any advise appreciated

I can look into this for you, will need more details. Send me a PM if interested.

Pull your drivers Abstract, should be about $12. Taking BikeCop up on his offer sounds like a good idea as well.

This could also be related to unpaid fines, I had my license suspended (without my knowledge) because I never got a court date/conviction or notice of fines, so i never paid them. Ran into the same summons you have, Driving While under Suspension.

If this is fine related, I'd be happy to walk you through the process, just reply here once you figure it out.

Thanks evoex ,His record is clean,no unpaid fines

And the license reinstatement fee was paid? I would generally recommend a lawyer for something this serious but if it can be substantiated that the license was in fact valid, at the time of the stop, then it should be something that a layman can deal with at first attendance.

And the license reinstatement fee was paid? I would generally recommend a lawyer for something this serious but if it can be substantiated that the license was in fact valid, at the time of the stop, then it should be something that a layman can deal with at first attendance.

It was a medical suspension - why would he need to pay a reinstatement fee?

From MTO:

[h=3]Fees[/h]$150 reinstatement fee (does not apply if your licence was suspended for a medical reason)

It was a medical suspension - why would he need to pay a reinstatement fee?

From MTO:

Fees

$150 reinstatement fee (does not apply if your licence was suspended for a medical reason)

Just wanted to be sure. We never seem to get the full story here, without pulling teeth. The rest applies either way.

Back
Top Bottom