2014_07_19 QEW at dixie | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014_07_19 QEW at dixie

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Gws rider.

From CityNews. Ca
A motorcyclist is in serious condition in hospital after colliding with a car on the QEW early Saturday.

It happened just before 4 a.m.

The westbound lanes of the QEW were closed at Dixie Road while police investigate the accident.

The lanes are expected to reopen by 8 a.m.

EDIT:
680news.com
The OPP has charged a Hamilton woman they say was driving drunk when her car collided with a motorcyclist on the QEW in Mississauga early Saturday.

It happened around 3:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes near Cawthra Road.

The motorcyclist, a 47-year-old Burlington man, was taken to hospital in serious condition.

The westbound lanes of the QEW were closed at Dixie Road for about five hours for the investigation.

Police arrested Monica Reis, 29, and charged her with impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm, having a blood-alcohol level of more than 80 milligrams and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm.

Her driver’s licence was suspended for 90 days and her Volkswagen Jetta was impounded for seven days.

Reis was released from custody and is due in a Brampton court on Sept. 5.

qew-crash-635x423.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw this on news. Looked like a new Panigale. Woman charged with drunk driving. Hope rider is ok. GWS

That's disgusting. I really hate people that choose to drive drunk. I hope she never gets to drive again. GWS Rider. Poor duke too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's disgusting. I really hate people that choose to drive drunk. I hope she never gets to drive again. GWS Rider. Poor duke too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly she will be driving again once the 90 days is up she will have her license back until she is convicted:mad:
Myself and few friends were almost killed by drunk driver and he was back behind the wheel after 90 days :( and probably drinking and driving again also.. Really hope the rider is ok.. gws rider

just saw this post, I'm the rider that was hit in this incident, just wanted everyone to know that I'm slowly but surely recovering. I was just released from the hospital last week after a 9 week stay. My injuries were shattered pelvis, broken right ankle with rods inserted, broken left femur screwed back together, shattered left wrist with plates installed, broken left hand and multiple internal ruptures. Oh and by the way my bike WAS a 2008 Ducati 1098s. Thanks for the well wishes.

just saw this post, I'm the rider that was hit in this incident, just wanted everyone to know that I'm slowly but surely recovering. I was just released from the hospital last week after a 9 week stay. My injuries were shattered pelvis, broken right ankle with rods inserted, broken left femur screwed back together, shattered left wrist with plates installed, broken left hand and multiple internal ruptures. Oh and by the way my bike WAS a 2008 Ducati 1098s. Thanks for the well wishes.

Glad to hear from you, but not about your condition :( Definitely get better ASAP!!

Good to hear you're on the mend. Serious injuries to be sure. Mustn't have been a pleasant last few months...

Do you remember what happened? Did she clip you from behind, lane change into you or ... ?

Good to hear you're on the mend. Serious injuries to be sure. Mustn't have been a pleasant last few months...

Do you remember what happened? Did she clip you from behind, lane change into you or ... ?

I remember everything, I was completely aware and responsive when EMS and police arrived, I was able to give them a statement including perfect description of car involved before being transported to hospital. She was completely out of control almost hitting another car before over correcting and crossing over directly in front of me, she had over corrected to the point of almost flipping her car. She then had the nerve to come over to try to see if I was ok. She actually said "it's a good thing that she hadn't been drinking"

GWS rider. Make sure you get all the necessary treatment you can.

Glad to hear you're okay. I was also hit by a drunk driver almost 3 years ago and I'm still trying to recover. My accident was at 401 and Kennedy. If you need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm researching everything I can regarding drunk driving and the consequences hoping to make a change.

Glad to hear you're okay. I was also hit by a drunk driver almost 3 years ago and I'm still trying to recover. My accident was at 401 and Kennedy. If you need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm researching everything I can regarding drunk driving and the consequences hoping to make a change.

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind. Hope you'll have a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom