How much to powder coat two rims ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much to powder coat two rims ?

pfbmgd

How much to powder coat two rims black ?

Depends. Are you going to remove and reinstall the tires? Bearings? Tape them? Or do you want everything done for you?

Either way, PM JohnnyP636.

$150

Cash, tires and stems removed, bearings out. Guy is on Oshawa/courtice border on Hwy 2. I had two sets done. Green and blue, blue ones can be seen in my albums.

$150

Cash, tires and stems removed, bearings out. Guy is on Oshawa/courtice border on Hwy 2. I had two sets done. Green and blue, blue ones can be seen in my albums.

That's cheap. ****

Thanks for the information .I wasn`t sure the general cost .

I paid $150 in Toronto ( for 1 wheel) so that is a smokin deal....

IMG_0270.JPG

I got mine done for 60 bucks each

Yes, that's an average per rim sandblast including if you consider simple color and the rest is up to an individual moto shop. Some places don't carry pearls and other sophisticated powder.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of powder coating? I have a few areas on my bike that were powder coated and are literally peeling off like a sheet of paper.

I have a good friend who PC's for a living and did mine with me as a favor. I really had no idea how hard and time consuming a good job would be and have no clue how some people charge what they do and still turn a legitimate profit. It literally took all day to do two pieces as he cleaned the booth and washed it down to prevent contaminates in the neon paint. Not to mention media blasting, hand sanding, pre-baking to release gas in the metal and the wait times to properly do the three stages (pearl, paint, clear).

He typically does a lot of intricate parts for planes and coats like 50 pieces at a time so that stuff pays well. He told me for him to break even on my wheels incl ordering in the paint he would have had to charge me $500 and I would have likely laughed at that if I hadn't seen how much work goes into a good job.

2h493lh.jpg

9pyjnr.jpg

m8e544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom