Chain help needed. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain help needed.

alhope34

Site Supporter
I got a DID evr3 520 chain and like a noob I over tightened the rivets on the master link and one has a split in it. It works for now, was out for about 40 kms but I need to order another one. Will any 520 x-ring master link work or do I have to get DID 520 master link or even go further and get that specific chain model's master link?

Ok, thanks. I managed to find one. Ordering it now.

You probably crushed your o-rings

Should I stay off the highway until I get the new link on? I'm itching to ride tonight.

Is there a kink in your chain?

In the future, to gauge the amount of crushing to give, measure your regular pins & spread them accordingly

No kinks. Moves freely. Checked before tensioning the chain.

I would ride it, but keep an eye on things. My advice is not generally the safest.

If your chain do break just remember it will act as a whip against your leg. I hope you have a chain guard

I just have the oem plastic guard. I rode 40 kms on surface streets today after putting it on to see how the new sprocket sizing was, did about 40 km running a couple errands. Checked it when I got home and it was the same as when I left. I got to maybe 95 km/h max for a few seconds in my travels.

I'd still replace it later

Back
Top Bottom