Brics. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brics.

ashkan

Banned
So BRICS has finally been realized with a $100bn to start. Will this IMF rival bring more justice to the world by creating a multi power economic poles? ? Will it counter the singular power pole (the US) and weaken it's monopoly on world transactions? Will it cripple the almighty American Dollar and bring it down from it's unchallenged rule, backed by waged wars on countries who decided to use Euro or gold to go about their transactions and break off from the western claws? I really hope so.

[video]http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2014/7/17/web_special_joseph_stiglitz_on_tpp[/video]

Last edited:
Bro, I have no idea what you're talking about

ww3

haha sorry but i think its important enough to read up on it. Its a pretty big deal. Either ways, im sure some people are interested in world politics/economy to look it up. But trust me when i say, this will not sit well with the powerful west.

[video]http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/countingthecost/2014/07/banking-brics-201471991424797157.html[/video]

Im gonna finish my college diploma, work private environmental/forestry then retire to a nice cabin way up north with a nice smoker and maybe some renewable power when everything collapses. It's been real guys.

That sounds awesome actually. Reminds me of the movie Into the Wild. I think you'll like this sound track from the movie (In case you havn't already heard it) [video=youtube;pRUGvArWXLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUGvArWXLk[/video]

That sounds awesome actually. Reminds me of the movie Into the Wild. I think you'll like this sound track from the movie (In case you havn't already heard it) [video=youtube;pRUGvArWXLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUGvArWXLk[/video]

I'm already halfway there. Got the land, just need to build the cabin, weatherproof, heat etc. Already hunt and grow some food.

Didn't care for Into The Wild at all when I first saw it. Maybe it deserves a rewatch.

That honestly sounds amazing! Ive spend a decent amount of time in log cabins with no electricity, running water and ... I really enjoy the independence from society but dont have a solid plan to leave yet. Although everytime i head out of the city and into the woods, i regret coming back lol

That honestly sounds amazing! Ive spend a decent amount of time in log cabins with no electricity, running water and ... I really enjoy the independence from society but dont have a solid plan to leave yet. Although everytime i head out of the city and into the woods, i regret coming back lol

+1!

You gotta strategize man. No need for running water if you're near a clean lake or spring. If you really need to rough it a lifestraw is incredible, I've used them out in the boons before just for fun and they work as advertised. Electricity isn't a necessity, but it is nice to have for the sake of comfort and perishable food. You don't need to be Les Stroud to survive without "civilization". Very basic skills will get you there. You also don't need to be a "prepper" to be prepared.

If all goes well this plan will come to fruition within the next 10 years. Not the retirement part lol, but the cabin existing as a vacation/getaway.

To clarify, I work a normal job, go to college, have creature comforts etc. I don't *want* to live off the grid, but if it becomes a better idea I like to know I have the option.

Last edited:
It seems some solar panels and marine gel batteries plus led lights would help you.
Probably also having a small wind turbine would be good too.

Given the info and technology it is very plausible to live off the grid as they say.
Container homes seem interesting.
Setup your biodiesel lab and you are good to go.

Watch our for zombies!

All good advice. I'ce done a lot of serious climbing (outside Canada of course) and have had to resort to survival instincts many times. I do enjoy gonig off the grid a few weeks every year. Dont know how i would feel if i was there for a longer period.
What i found to be very useful was a small generator. The solar or wind generators sound even better but mine was a running on gas.

The other issue is that the cabin i go to in heated with a wood stove and in cold winter nights (-15 and lower), no matter how well you keep the fire going, the place is freezing. The only place i could sleep in was inside a double sleeping bag right next to the stove.

Still though, i love it and if any of you guys know of a good spot to get way from it all, please share.

All good advice. I'ce done a lot of serious climbing (outside Canada of course) and have had to resort to survival instincts many times. I do enjoy gonig off the grid a few weeks every year. Dont know how i would feel if i was there for a longer period.
What i found to be very useful was a small generator. The solar or wind generators sound even better but mine was a running on gas.

The other issue is that the cabin i go to in heated with a wood stove and in cold winter nights (-15 and lower), no matter how well you keep the fire going, the place is freezing. The only place i could sleep in was inside a double sleeping bag right next to the stove.

Still though, i love it and if any of you guys know of a good spot to get way from it all, please share.

I like going up to Lake superior provincial Park, pancake Bay, etc. Find a nice spot and camp out. Maybe geotag and do a little exploring. That's deep bear country so make sure you're packing or have a couple 1% cans of bear spray.

I've done some ice climbing out that way as well. Any Crown land is nice and secluded north of Wawa.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom