beginner bikes? cruiser style | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

beginner bikes? cruiser style

and another one for the Vulcan 500...loved mine to bits...under 500 lbs...easy to manoeuver...low centre of gravity...great looking burgundy colour (for the '09 - which is the last year they were made)...great on gas...good horsepower for it's size (around 46 if I remember correctly)...

Another thing to consider with a cruiser, is your body position. What works best for you?

I found traditional cruisers to be too wide for my legs in position and the position and length of the handlebars was not great for me. Neither was the weight and center of gravity.

The CTX700N had everything i wanted, it was easy to get up, easy on the body and easy on the arms, the center of gravity was very low.

I got the T version which had a slightly higher center of gravity.

I started on a Honda Rebel - I loved it. It was great around town. I rode it for a year and sold it and bought my 883 sportster. Much heavier bike, I don't get blown around by the wind like on the honda. Go sit on some different bikes. See what feels good. Then get it - ride the hell out off it and on to your next bike.

The first thing I would consider is the fit -what's comfortable. If insurance isn't an issue -go with the maurauder, maybe a Shadow. The Vulcan 500 might be a good fit as well. Or do what I do - go to the bike show abd make a wish list -write them down and have fun shopping.

Back
Top Bottom