beginner bikes? cruiser style | GTAMotorcycle.com

beginner bikes? cruiser style

darthwolf

New to all this and was wondering if there are any recommendations on a beginner bike that are non-sporty, cruiser style.

250cc is fine, planning to get my license to ride to work and back. prob little to no hwy driving.

The ones that come to mind is a Honda Rebel and Yamaha V-Star.

anything else someone can suggest?

prob not looking for something new, so welcome to suggest some older (not too old) bikes.

Kawasaki Vulcan 500 is great for a starter cruiser, has enough power to not get blown off the highway. I rode mine all the way to Cape Breton and back :)

Check out each make for their entry level cruiser models and don't get too caught up in the engine size. For example, the Suzuki S40 is a single cylinder, air cooled bike with 650 cc's. Great for around town, looks good. Been making them for years for a reason. They still do the job.

Yamaha's V-Star 250 has been around for a long time as well.

Kawasaki Vulcan 500 same thing.

See what fits you, get some insurance quotes, see what price points are out there for new and used. Establish a budget and then do some shopping around. Have some patience.

Used? Check wear items, fork seals, chain and sprockets, brakes, tires, maintenance records etc.

Depending on your experience, training and ability, and your intended use, you can open the search up a bit more.

My first cruiser is actually the Honda CTX700(T) model.

The Naked model is also nice, but I wanted fairings.

The naked model has a really low center of gravity. Has good speed and pickup.
I'd suggest this bike as a first cruiser myself.

Shane

Aesthetically, I favour the V-Star
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

try the yamaha virago

many can be found for under $2000

virago 250 and virago 535 are both excellent for beginners

Im a beginner on a vstar 650.

Its a heavy bike at ~550 lbs but is easy enough to toss around. My guess would be the pretty low ride hight.

Personally I chose against a 250 as I knew highway would be a a must for me and didnt want to be blown around to much.

All of the bikes mentioned were on my list, I found a good deal on the vstar.

The honda shadow and rebel seemed good to.

Don't be scared by starting on a larger cruiser (up to 750cc). Cruisers make nowhere near the power of sport bikes (750cc cruiser is ~45hp, ninja 300 is 35hp.) almost any bike with less than 50hp is good to learn with.

Buy a bike that's already banged up a bit, it will get dropped, let the previous owner take the financial hit for that. After riding for a few years, then buy a pristine bike if that's important to you.

^ I guess all harleys are good starter bikes then.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS n

^ I guess all harleys are good starter bikes then.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS n
I think the smallest Harley is 883cc

Triumph Rocket iii

Well i guess someone said dont be afraid of cruiser engine size as they do not produce that much power. Well torque of a the rocket is more than a busa. Hp i am not sure

Back
Top Bottom