Open letter to the young GSX rider who hit the Jeep on the 401 this morning | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Open letter to the young GSX rider who hit the Jeep on the 401 this morning

This is the best post that I have ever seen on GTAM. (I read the forum for a long time before joining).

Bikes indeed can brake very quickly... Have done a few emergency stops on my R6, traveling at a higher rate of speed because an animal jumped out and someone coming into my lane (oncoming vehicle).

Get well soon rider, please wear gear in the future.. It will save your skin. I've lost some before, it's not pleasant! Dainese 2 piece suit now!

GSXR and 1:30 am ?? Do you think he was doing under the speed limit? lol! Insurance will teach him a lesson lol!

Treading dangerously close to maudlin.

I've seen maybe one rider without gloves...seriously that blows my mind why that is even comfortable or even fashionable..gloves look damn cool! And they're pretty cheap...top of the line gloves $200-300

As soon as you mentioned young GSXR rider, I was waiting to read the lines of shorts, tshirts, and douchevest.

Very well-written letter might I add. But even with an essay like this, or pictures of the most brutal skin grafts, it will go over most people's heads and they'll immediately go out in their tshirts, shorts, and badass Icon vests.

I've seen maybe one rider without gloves...seriously that blows my mind why that is even comfortable or even fashionable..gloves look damn cool! And they're pretty cheap...top of the line gloves $200-300
How have you only seen one rider without gloves? On average I see at LEAST one rider a day with no gear at all.

I see people all the time with almost full gear but no gloves. Makes no sense. Usually cruiser guys.

People get up in arms when they see a rider without gear. If they take a trip in the US where there is no helmet laws they would get a heart attack

People In Ontario/GTAM get up in arms when they see a rider without gear. If they take a trip in the US where there is no helmet laws they would get a heart attack

fixed that for ya.

.. having gone down a few times and seen others down.. I know what will happen without protection. Each to their own I say..

As soon as you mentioned young GSXR rider, I was waiting to read the lines of shorts, tshirts, and douchevest.

Very well-written letter might I add. But even with an essay like this, or pictures of the most brutal skin grafts, it will go over most people's heads and they'll immediately go out in their tshirts, shorts, and badass Icon vests.

M1 and M2 tests should have pictures of post-crash squids, like those pics on cigarette packages. Google image search is pretty horrific.

I see people all the time with almost full gear but no gloves. Makes no sense. Usually cruiser guys.

Even if you don't care about safety, gloves prevent grip blisters, and all the crap that flies up, plus comfort in even warm weather.

I recently moved to a different building at work and there's a guy probably around mid 20's who rides a cbr600 said I wasted too much money on gear and a fancy helmet. :/

Rider: GWS, Get some real gear and take a course.
Paramedic: Thank you for doing a great job and posting your letter, it shows that you care, even if the rider did not.

SHane

"Your bike can pretty much out-brake anything with four wheels"

That's actually not true. These days, all cars/pickups have ABS and even an F150 can stop in ~130 feet.
ABS is an option on some bikes, but the motorcycle industry has no ethical problem with selling >100 hp bikes with 3 pot calipers that can easily lockup in a panic.

~10% of accidents on bikes is bikes running into the back of vehicles.

As for gear, people think when they crash they will only hit their head, their back, their hands in some kind of gymnastic move.
But Carboncat is right on, squids rule in the GTA.

Nothing to do with the motorcycle industry... people shouldn't be buying >100 hp bikes with 3 pot calipers if they need abs in order to stop properly. fact.

And they're pretty cheap...top of the line gloves $200-300

Don't know what world you live in where that's considered cheap. I'll stick to my Home Depot work gloves.

Don't know what world you live in where that's considered cheap. I'll stick to my Home Depot work gloves.

Cause those are gonna work in a crash lol

i had bought $60 gloves off some dude with leather and carbon fibre knuckles... cant ever imagine not using them considering when you fall youre first instinct is to put your hands infront of you to stop your fall

Not because a glove is expensive makes it good. It has to do with construction

Back
Top Bottom