anyone familiar with Ducati testeratta 11 degrees engine and transmission | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone familiar with Ducati testeratta 11 degrees engine and transmission

hyperSP

Just got my Duc Hypermotard. I noticed that i can be in a higher gear and not downshift hard enough and it does not go into gear. is this normal ?

On my R6 if I don't pull brake lever hard enough bike doesn't stop. Also wondering if this is normal

I think the OP may be talking about a false neutral?

Haven't taken apart one of those yet, but have taken apart the 1198 and 1199. On their bigger cousins DUC uses a silly claw to move the shifter drum/tumbler. During the downshifs the claws pushes the pin forward and it is sloppy.

The 1199 had its trans jammed due to the silly design.

Get false neutrals on my Diavel. Common problem on the Diavel. Not all the time. I double check and make sure when stopped I am definitely in 1st in case I need a quick get-away. I also believe what "frekeyguy" says. Not just for my bike but also other Ducatis.
Not just first gear but through the range up and down. Again, not always. I make sure I pull the lever in enough to change properly.

I have an aircooled Ducati, Nothing much in common with your bike but I can tell you if you shift it lazy you can easily find a false neutral between the upper gears. You have to shift it like you mean it...

I'm never getting a Duck

I'm never getting a Duck

Some get it, some don't, not a big deal.

You can hear the shift, the sound is different when it is right vs wrong, and if you switch to a gp pattern shifter you can feel it with your foot... or just shift like you mean it.

Last edited:
I took the bike to gP FOR 1000km service today and told the tech justin. THere excuse is the bike still needs to be worked in maybe,he says lol. 240 for the service by the way. I got them to keep that on record just in case. bike has 2 year unlimited km warranty. yeah okay shift like you mean it, and there isnt a problem, but its tough to brush it off so easily especially after spending good money on the bike. I need more answers.

I hate talking **** but I am not impressed by gp bikes. How do you guys and gals feel about gp?

Totally different bike, just wanted to illustrate how small things can make a bike difference:

The Triumph T595 I had felt like it had a piss-poor transmission as stock. Shifting was vague, and false neutrals were extremely common. After performing the common "mod" of yanking the shifter linkage and installing the shift lever from a Sprint directly on to the selector shaft, it was like a different bike. Shifts were very, very direct (will never forget how it shifted with a WHAM every time) and I don't think I had another false neutral.

Back
Top Bottom