Rented a GoPro | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rented a GoPro

macro

So I was looking on Kijiji and saw that there's a GoPro rental in Toronto so I grabbed one for the weekend, $90 for a week (I think) and all the attachments you need! Not bad if you just want one for a few days and don't want to shell out $500!

-I'm not affiliated with this so and so blah blah blah

They can be had for $275. Why would anyone in their right mind spend $90 for a rental?

They can be had for $275. Why would anyone in their right mind spend $90 for a rental?

seriously...You can buy it, sell it then make most of your money back anyways...

When the 2 had just come out I picked up a brand new original one for 150.

I ordered that exact gopro Mina linked, then I got a 64 gb micro sd, RAM clutch/brake lever mount and many spare knock off batteries with an external charger. Now I can use it daily every time I ride in case people rage on me or cause me to go down and I can't speak for myself, or to prove my case in court. BTW, with the 64gb card in 720p 30 fps I can get about 14-15 hrs on it before I have to empty the card. Very happy with what I got.

Couple videos from the Cabot this June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeehUV-sm9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2VPvcqh2Ek

What the others said. I picked up a hero 3+ for $300 taxes in, brand new sealed.
Spare batteries from Amazon (look up Wasabi batteries) and has some ram mounts from over the years. The older models can be had for 100 - 200 dollars used.

Look up SJ4000 a camera for $100 .No bells and whistles like a Gopro .But it will do for the price .Waiting for the SJ5000 to come out .

Well, my corn flakes have been thoroughly ****** in. It's a good idea dammit!

Well, my corn flakes have been thoroughly ****** in. It's a good idea dammit!

Hey, I'm with you, the idea of renting is good. It is $35.00 for a weekend, so it is good for people who just want to try it.

If you buy and then sell, it is going to cost you more than $35. I don't think all is wrong with renting it, I have been trying to do that, just to see if I like it.

Anyway, GoPro 4 is coming out soon, right? Better wait for the rebates on the 3

You can always "rent" from Future Shop.

Make sure to pick up a refurbished box as a courtesy though =)

Quality is good enough!! Does it record audio by itself?
What mount is that? How much?

Yes it has a built in microphone but when you're in high wind, forget about it. So I record the audio portion separately using my phone and an app then just sync it with the video during video production. That mount is the GoPro Grab Bag. I bought it for $25 at Canada Computers.

By the way, the quality is better than that because YouTube re-compresses the video.

Last edited:
You can also get a Liquid Image action cam. I bought one off Kijiji for $80 brand new and it shoots 1080p and you can use GoPro mounts. Here's some footage I shot: http://youtu.be/DMfJjRj__bk (i'm not affiliated with Liquid Image).

I skipped through your video and saw the girl about to go for a bike ride(no sound on right now), but was about to laugh if you jumped on that instead of the CBR

Well, tried it out today, waiting to load the video now. Tried it on my helmet, with the wind it felt like someone was pushing their hand into my forehead! Anyone have experience with the Drift? Anyway, sure glad I RENTED IT! :p

Back
Top Bottom