High Pitched Noise | GTAMotorcycle.com

High Pitched Noise

TOYJ

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this high pitched noise?

I have a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and sometimes when I am riding or after I turn off my bike I get this weird high pitched noise. The best way to describe it is the tone you hear when there is a test of the "emergency broadcast system" or when a TV channel stops broadcasting and you see the coloured bars and the test pattern signal. The noise can last anywhere from 5-10 seconds and sometimes longer, maybe 20-30 seconds and then goes away. Any idea what this noise might be? I'm trying to figure out what it is but if not I'll just take it to 109 Cycle.

I believe it is your fuel tank. Try popping the cap to see if it goes away.

Why not join an owners group such as http://www.250r.net ? They are sure to have subject matter experts on your bike.

It's singing to you as a thank you for the awesome riding...

Just pressure in the tank. Just leave it or pop the filler cap for a second if it annoys you.

Give the tank/fuel cap area a good tap, should go away. Know issue with that bike. Air pressure build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be the wife, that's normally the high pitched whining noise

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Heard this noise in mine a few weeks ago... Its def the gas tank

In the fall I store many of them. You should hear twenty of them side by side all whistling I have people come in the shop and think its small animals crying :) Its 100% the tank vent.

Back
Top Bottom