Malaysian passenger plane shot down | GTAMotorcycle.com

Malaysian passenger plane shot down

AC

Site Supporter
image.jpg

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/07/17/malaysian_passenger_plane_crashes_in_east_ukraine.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/flight-mh17-crash-ukraine-rebels-trade-blame-1.1918209

2 down in less than 6 months

RIP. So sad and senseless. No reason anyone outside military should get their damn hands on BUK-SAM!!!

RIP. So sad and senseless. No reason anyone outside military should get their damn hands on BUK-SAM!!!

Oh you think it wasn't military that did this?

Oh you think it wasn't military that did this?
I don't know man. It doesn't makes sense that a disciplined organized force would carry something like this. Not to say that it does not happen. There have been rumblings on bbc that the separatists posting about capturing BUK device.

The 'rebels' have been shooting down planes for over a month now... frankly I'm stunned that airlines are even flying over the damn territory. It just doesn't make any sense.

And considering many of these rebels are ex-Ukrainian military, and that they had training and access to various weaponry, I'm not surprised they have fully capable SAMs.

That should be the first question at the ticket counter, do you fly over war zones?

Pilots need more training to dodge missiles so they can do moves like this.........

(watch the whole vid, Pilot maneuvers behemoth 787 like a fighter jet......seriously impressive)

http://www.businessinsider.com/watch-a-dreamliner-maneuver-like-a-fighter-jet-2014-7
Dodge missiles in a commercial airliner. RIIIIIIIGHT.....

That 787 was not moving at all like a "fighter jet" and would have been blown out of the sky just the same.

Considering the vast majority of commercial airliners do not have any missile or threat detection systems you're going to have a hard time dodging something you don't know is coming.

Dodge missiles in a commercial airliner. RIIIIIIIGHT.....

That 787 was not moving at all like a "fighter jet" and would have been blown out of the sky just the same.

Considering the vast majority of commercial airliners do not have any missile or threat detection systems you're going to have a hard time dodging something you don't know is coming.

I was literally going to say the exact same thing but not nearly as nice...

Just to add, you really call that **** manoeuvring like a fighter jet?? A ****ing WW1 wooden bi-plane would have the same chances trying to doge that ****...i.e 0, nill, no ****ing way in hell.

That guy didn't even pull a single barrel roll where the hell are you getting these fighter jet fantasies? At the end of the day a big *** plane isn't going to perform or handle like a fighter jet no matter what, same as no 1800cc cruiser is going to handle or perform like a superbike.

Last edited:
This is truly sad.. I have no idea what anyone can gain or even think they can gain from such an act..

Makes zero sense

Side note:

Here is a quote from the ctv article

"The cockpit and one of the turbines lay at a distance of one kilometre (more than a half-mile) from one another. Residents said the tail was about 10 kilometres (six miles) farther away. Rescue workers planted sticks with white flags in spots where they found human remains."

Do you remember the united airlines plane that crashed in pensylvania on 9/11..No pieces found...

Or the plane that went into the pentagon no pieces found..

Oh no i am "conspiracy theorist" Also Check out the cancer treatment thread

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Pilots need more training to dodge missiles so they can do moves like this.........

(watch the whole vid, Pilot maneuvers behemoth 787 like a fighter jet......seriously impressive)

http://www.businessinsider.com/watch-a-dreamliner-maneuver-like-a-fighter-jet-2014-7

[video=youtube;GZRKm6PG918]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZRKm6PG918[/video]

I'm not picking on you specifically, I just want you to know what they were allegedly dealing with. Some versions of the Buk missile system fire missiles that can perform maneuvers of 20Gs and are capable of engaging other missiles. On top of that, if this is really how this played out, the pilot would have been aware of neither being tracked by the missile battery, nor having been fired upon. If they were fired upon by this system, they would have had no chance at all. Even the fancy SkyShield system the Isrealis have wouldn't have helped, as it's designed to defeat man-portable missile systems, nothing like this.

I know some pilots are ex-military, especially that part if the world. That's what most ex-military do when they resign from fighter jets.

I wonder how hard would it be to install flares or decoys on commercial aircraft?

I know some pilots are ex-military, especially that part if the world. That's what most ex-military do when they resign from fighter jets.

I wonder how hard would it be to install flares or decoys on commercial aircraft?

Flares? Probably not overly difficult, but also not overly effective. When do you deploy them? You don't have military grade threat detection systems, so you don't know when it's coming. Are they using heat seeking, LASER targeted, RADAR targeted, or optically targeted missiles? Multiple targeting systems? And commercial aircraft have a huge silhouette that might not be concealed by something as simple as flares, and no ECM capability to make up for that size.

Even leaving out the costs involved, in an industry that runs on shoestring profits, it's just not practical.

Saying that maneuvers like a fighter jet is like saying a school bus handles like a bike at on the track.........

lol

But, such a tragedy, 2 airlines down in less than 6 months in the same area, so many lives lost.

Back
Top Bottom