RACE....Who's going July 19-21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE....Who's going July 19-21

dricked

Site Supporter
So who's in?

All this talk about GB I figured I'd see who's coming to Shannonville.

I'm missing Friday practice but I'll be there Friday night.

glad you'll be there, we missed you last round.
I'm shooting for Saturday. I hope there's a good turnout.
Looks like 'pro track' this time?

I'm going. Sunday only. Novice 600. Hope I'm not the only one on the grid!

Just phoned SMP and confirmed that it is "Pro Track".

R.A.C.E. #753
06 GSXR600

glad you'll be there, we missed you last round.
I'm shooting for Saturday. I hope there's a good turnout.
Looks like 'pro track' this time?

Ya it's been a slow season for me so far. I don't think we've met, I'll keep an eye out to say hello.

I'm glad it's pro track, I really enjoy that layout and it doesn't tire me out anywhere near the same as long track.

The SOAR guys should come out and try it!

Trailer setup in the paddocks. Preregistered.

Pro track means we get to miss the oil line from 4A to 6B so that's good

I'm going. Sunday only. Novice 600. Hope I'm not the only one on the grid!

Just phoned SMP and confirmed that it is "Pro Track".

R.A.C.E. #753
06 GSXR600
are the numbers really that low? :( that sucks

The numbers have been low for awhile now. Seems everyone has the impression that it's a bad track/organization :confused5:

I was turned off going because of the piece of papers they handed out as trophies...I know it's not all about that, but it kind of is lol

The first trophy I ever won was at RACE...just ride the right classes.

I get it, everyone wants something to show for at the end of the weekend but really? This shouldn't hold people back from coming out and racing.

I could make you a trophy if that'll persuade you to come out :)

participant.jpg

I'm here in Row 1.

A well set up organization with a proper albeit tired facility. Accurate timing that is uploaded to MyLaps within minutes of a session ending. Lots of practice time. I'm surprised people seem to choose GB over Shannonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here in Row 1.

A well set up organization with a proper albeit tired facility. Accurate timing that is uploaded to MyLaps within minutes of a session ending. Lots of practice time. I'm surprised people seem to choose GB over Shannonville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next time you need to get better neighbours.

My reasons for choosing GB:
- Couldn't care less about my lap times
- Smoother surface
- Safe track
- All the racers I knew raced there

Nothing against Shannonville/RACE. Those are just the reasons I chose GB/SOAR. Real trophies are nice too.

I'm here in Row 1.

Ask Chris C if he wishes he had handled the Andrew Westbrook situation differently. Heavy-handed enforcement of the rules, particularly in view that perhaps the rulebook did not necessarily anticipate all possible scenarios including that one, isn't how you keep people coming back. (P.S. I've never had a problem with RACE myself)

Expensive ...

Bumpy ...

I have to drive through Toronto and back to get there ...

The social environment is nowhere near as good. (RACE was pretty good up until the early 2000's)

I hate the transponder system. I've hated it from day one. Expensive, and now it is proving unreliable. VRRA uses the same system and they had to hand-score today because of a hardware failure. I've got two or three transponders from other systems that various organizations have used over the years, and at least one of them (dBcom) sucked even before the organization that used it, stopped using it. They are all expensive paperweights now.

If you want far more information on your laps than any lap timer can provide, in this day and age, download one of any number of lap timing apps for your smartphone, and ride around with your phone on the bike. Worried about damaging your phone in a crash? Your smartphone is cheaper than that stupid transponder!!

- learn the lines, it's not any bumpier than GB
- I got a real trophy today, and every other SB race I podiumed (600 got plaques today)
- knowing your laptimes is a VERY useful tool
- my phone is worth far more than the $350 I paid for my issue free transponder 3 years ago

Thanks Jay, it's not the 1st place I was gunning for (who isn't) but I felt like I made some good progress on the bike this weekend.

If RACE has started giving out trophies again (I heard they did that for the combined RACE/SOAR as well), perhaps they've fixed one of the things that ticked people off starting a few years ago.

And yes, the paving that they did last year fixed a lot of issues with the track surface, but long track/fabi track 6A is still a big problem.

My transponder that I bought a number of years ago (before you did), does not work on Fabi track. Mine still works on the receiver that is on the front straight (Nelson-Pro-Long) but a lot of VRRA folks had problems with that one this past June. If you only bought that transponder 3 years ago, you weren't in on it from the beginning to see what happened then and how it was before transponders. RACE used the transponder system as an additional revenue source (rentals) and saved money by getting rid of timing and scoring staff, while costing racers more by making us buy transponders. They should have bought the entire system including all the transponders, and free-issued them at each event (NO extra rental fee - I don't mind paying a deposit and getting it back). I believe that is what CSBK does.

I know it's only a little bit of money compared to everything else in roadracing ... but the way it was put into effect bothers me more than just the cost of it, keeping in mind that I've been around this since long before the transponder system came into play.

You don't need to be using a $450 phone to run a lap-timer app ... and people don't seem to be too worried about putting multiple comparable-price-range GoPro cameras on their bike ...

Back
Top Bottom