How many years of riding exp did you have before you learned how to wheelie? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How many years of riding exp did you have before you learned how to wheelie?

I have a feeling it depends on how much you are willing to risk destroying your bike. I've been going for 5 years but I've never even tried to wheelie because I'm sure I'll **** it up and wreck the bike. After a few wipe outs it's probably not all that hard.

But I could be wrong.

I'd be glad to show you OP, PM me. I'd start with power wheelies, then move on to clutch wheelies. Obviously this wouldn't be on the road. After you build your confidence up, you can find the balance point and ride them out + shift through the gears :)

Last edited:
Enjoy
[video=youtube;Dx4F94DnATY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4F94DnATY[/video]

I'd be glad to show you OP, PM me. I'd start with power wheelies, then move on to clutch wheelies. Obviously this would be on the road. After you build your confidence up, you can find the balance point and ride them out + shift through the gears :)

We've found the star of "yut ughh"

Why are you concerned with people's length of time before learning to wheelie? Why does that matter to anybody really? If your ready do it. If your not don't. Same with anyone else wondering if there ready to learn. If your asking if your ready your not ready.

I have a feeling it depends on how much you are willing to risk destroying your bike. I've been going for 5 years but I've never even tried to wheelie because I'm sure I'll **** it up and wreck the bike. After a few wipe outs it's probably not all that hard.

But I could be wrong.
Crashing never gets fun, and has nothing to do with being good at wheelies.

We've found the star of "yut ughh"

I meant "WOULDN'T be on the road".... I've taught a few buds... I'm most definitely not like the twat in the video... I've been doing them since I was a kid riding dirt bikes. Everyone who's ridden in the mud has wheelied before, even if it was unintentional. The Street it a lot different, less enjoyable actually...

I meant "WOULDN'T be on the road".... I've taught a few buds... I'm most definitely not like the twat in the video... I've been doing them since I was a kid riding dirt bikes. Everyone who's ridden in the mud has wheelied before, even if it was unintentional. The Street it a lot different, less enjoyable actually...

Less enjoyable due to the $$ if you screw up. I never cared on dirt bikes. Parts were cheap

Get a 50 cc honda
It is cheaper to learn on that
Get to learn your sweet spot
You can get all your set up for a rear hand brake at 50stunt.com
And them try a bigger bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crashing never gets fun, and has nothing to do with being good at wheelies.
I meant if you're not afraid of wrecking your bike and therefor are willing to at least try to wheelie, you'd probably get it after some practice while at most eating it a handful of times.

Ideally you'd have a very well protected, or cheap/junker bike to learn on.

I don't have the parking for a second bike and I've always been too afraid of wrecking my primary bike to try. I've gotten a few inches off the ground while accelerating hard when I had the 650. Would take a LOT of effort to wheelie the 125, I think.

I meant if you're not afraid of wrecking your bike and therefor are willing to at least try to wheelie, you'd probably get it after some practice while at most eating it a handful of times.

Ideally you'd have a very well protected, or cheap/junker bike to learn on.

I don't have the parking for a second bike and I've always been too afraid of wrecking my primary bike to try. I've gotten a few inches off the ground while accelerating hard when I had the 650. Would take a LOT of effort to wheelie the 125, I think.

125 2 stroke would do wheelies no problem, you must be smoking some of that funny stuff....

Enjoy
[video=youtube;Dx4F94DnATY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4F94DnATY[/video]

I'm crying, that is too good. Thank you for making my day.
Op how's setting 5 workin for you? >.<

Back
Top Bottom