cellphone holder | GTAMotorcycle.com

cellphone holder

starboy869

Hi

I tried doing a quick search and nothing came up. however if there's a thread please let me know.

I'm looking for a good quality cellphone holder for my bike(vfr750). I got an excellent GPS program and it does have some neat features for route planning. Mainly I want something that isn't a cheap china build that'd break just looking at it.

I wont be using the phone other than the GPS program.

I've been using this for this season so far (8000km): http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResu...65077045072079076045085078053085/Default.aspx

So far, I am happy with it. My phone has not come loose even on gravel roads at high speed. I didn't order the X-grip because my phone (Nexus 4) has volume buttons right where one of the X's would grip -- at least it looks that way, but I have never tried it for real.

I wonder if that guy's phone came off the x-grip because it was half in the wind? I keep my phone more horizontal and very close to the bars, well out of the wind due to the windscreen and instrument panel.

Last edited:
Another +1 for the Ram Mount with X-Grip....

It works absolutely amazing. I'm on a naked bike and my phone has not moved in the slightest.

I use this really great holder called my pocket. I don't need any more distractions. One glance down at the phone and when you look up again Jimbo in front of you hard on the brakes and you're up his ***. If I need my phone I'll pull over, simple as that. Whether it's a phone call or a map, it can wait.

Do you get outside the city much?

ha4utyty.jpg

Have you heard of the apps dual sport maps or Garmin Viago?

ejy8evyh.jpg

Every bike pictured here has a gps and maps.

I use this really great holder called my pocket. I don't need any more distractions. One glance down at the phone and when you look up again Jimbo in front of you hard on the brakes and you're up his ***. If I need my phone I'll pull over, simple as that. Whether it's a phone call or a map, it can wait.

sometimes bikers are their own worst enemy. If you rear end Jimbo in front of you for quickly glancing down then please leave the phone in your pocket as you already follow to close to begin with. also like mentioned any chance have you ever been outside of the gta on your bike? the 401 doesn't count.

I'm planning a trip from Kingston to Sarnia for the end of Aug. 100% pure back roads, 100% avoid the GTA &400 series hwy's. going 400 series is about 5.5 hrs of straight. my trip semi worked in so far is 9hrs which I hope is less exhausting.

Last edited:
Have you considered a tankbag with a mobile device pocket?

This probably falls under the category of "cheap Chinese", but I've been using something like this for a few months now with good results:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Waterproof-G...ccessories&hash=item3a81dd88df&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

It'll bolt on just about anywhere and it's got a flexible arm for positioning. It was the only thing I could find that met all my criteria:
- cheap
- water resistant
- hole and space for charging cable
- touchable through the plastic

The zipper (at least on mine) was definitely a weak point. It split and I ended up sewing in a stronger replacement. Other than that it's working great.

Last edited:
They have those @ Daytona Motor Sport www.DaytonaMotorSport.ca for $25 I think.

they have 2 different sizes for phone or GPS, and no waiting. I got mine a couple months back, works great.

Have you considered a tankbag with a mobile device pocket?

This probably falls under the category of "cheap Chinese", but I've been using something like this for a few months now with good results:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Waterproof-G...ccessories&hash=item3a81dd88df&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

It'll bolt on just about anywhere and it's got a flexible arm for positioning. It was the only thing I could find that met all my criteria:
- cheap
- water resistant
- hole and space for charging cable
- touchable through the plastic

The zipper (at least on mine) was definitely a weak point. It split and I ended up sewing in a stronger replacement. Other than that it's working great.

sometimes bikers are their own worst enemy. If you rear end Jimbo in front of you for quickly glancing down then please leave the phone in your pocket as you already follow to close to begin with. also like mentioned any chance have you ever been outside of the gta on your bike? the 401 doesn't count.

I'm planning a trip from Kingston to Sarnia for the end of Aug. 100% pure back roads, 100% avoid the GTA &400 series hwy's. going 400 series is about 5.5 hrs of straight. my trip semi worked in so far is 9hrs which I hope is less exhausting.

Cant remember what bike you have but a while back I switched my gps on to pick me a route from Ottawa to Kingston that was a bit different.....I didn't hit tarmack for an hour or more. It was a ton of fun. I really love the assortment of roads around Kingston. Was in Tamworth the other day and there's so many choices....Tarmac back road twisties, unpaved cottage roads, smooth fast roads. I booted around the depot lakes on gravel roads and didn't see a car for at least an hour or more.

Back
Top Bottom