Solo retirement tour | GTAMotorcycle.com

Solo retirement tour

Schneller

Site Supporter
Just a quick hello so you guys won't forget me!

from near Amarillo TX

688b704f339173a5f9d50c2ec00d4279.jpg

0d5ab2cd91be2251c6746e9a79309168.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for checking in, I was wondering.......

When did you leave?
What's been your route like so far ?

Hi Ugur, I left 11 days ago and have covered about 3400 miles.

toronto, Kingston, Rochester, Harrisburg, front royal, Bristol, Memphis, Denton, Amarillo, Santa Fe, Colorado Springs.

all good experiences so far, no breakdowns. Had to contend with some big weather. Due to thinner air at altitude, my bike runs too rich, much less power through the mountains.

Last edited:
Over! Go over the mountains.

I'm headed that way now.

Took route 4 over the mountains, 8000ft pass, then into Stockton, Oakland, SanFran, coastal road 1, and am now in Eureka CA. 5000 miles so far.

Now you are getting near the good stuff :D be safe. Watch the critters....rider on his way to ALaska came in limping and a canceled trip - hit a Dahl sheep.
They are almost invisible on a grey highway and very quick
This was right along the road in Bow Valley and there were several in the small herd.
The day the guy collided was dim and rainy - I think we saw the same group on the way south ( he was heading north ) and they were wandering on the road in some nasty twists that limited viz.

Screen%2520Shot%25202014-07-11%2520at%2520Jul%252C%252011%2520%2520%2520%25202014%2520%2520%2520%252011.21.54%2520PM.jpg

And, I'm back. Got home this afternoon. Travelled from Spanish near Espanola this morning.

8950 miles

30 days, including 3 non-travel days

330 miles average per traveling day

20 states

Combined age of rider and bike = 96 years

Motorcycle repairs total: $100 parts and labour for rear wheel bearings, replace broken tachometer drive cable with free used spare one

Two oil changes during the trip

I owe some pictures to a few people here. Give me a few days and ill contact you.

Welcome back. I want to see pics too.

That sounds epic. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Can't believe you're doing this kind of trip on a classic bike. Inspiring.

Can't believe you're doing this kind of trip on a classic bike. Inspiring.

Done it.

i figure pretty much anyone can do this trip in a car, a modern BMW tourer, Honda gold wing, or new Harley bagger. Part of the point of this trip was to do it on a classic old bike. No fairing or windscreen either. Amazing how well it did. It was a test of rider and bike. We passed.

Back
Top Bottom