The sub 500 market becomes more crowded: 2015 Honda CB300F | GTAMotorcycle.com

The sub 500 market becomes more crowded: 2015 Honda CB300F

Jayell

Site Supporter
Honda has announced the new CB300F, a 286cc EFI single, to be known as the CB300FA in Canada, presumably with ABS. Sibling of the new CBR300R, and little brother of the CB500F.

071014-2015-honda-cb300f-f.jpg

The sub 500 market is becoming crowded, many choices available. Triumph has a rumoured 250 coming; will the KTM RC390 make it to these shores?

This is not where I am going with my next bike but I think it is awesome that there are so many choices (and good ones at that) in this segment.

I am a fan of the CB 500F and the 300 sure looks a lot like it.

This bike ticks all the boxes for me. Nice amount of power but not too crazy and more upright ergos... Wish they would bring it here...

Honda has announced the new CB300F, a 286cc EFI single, to be known as the CB300FA in Canada, presumably with ABS. Sibling of the new CBR300R, and little brother of the CB500F.
The sub 500 market is becoming crowded, many choices available. Triumph has a rumoured 250 coming; will the KTM RC390 make it to these shores?

Honda has decided to compete on price in this segment, the 300F is MSRP of $4400 ($3999US), but it's still way down on power from the Ninja300, but that should net lower insurance.
Yamaha will be releasing a 320 twin in North America, which may be badged as the RD350. Likely near the Ninja price.
I'm betting Yamaha will sell the MT125 here next year, as demand is already huge in Europe.

Triumph and BMW 250s are likely now just for the Asian market, which outsells the rest of the world combined. Suzi is there too, but the Gw250 is hardly exciting.

Ahhh the fresh smell of cbr250 owners wallowing in the pity pool of depreciation.

Really hope the rc390 makes it here

they should bring 300cc races to TMP and Gb..more guys may come , more will learn, more will upgrade....

If they do, I'll sign up for sure!

If you go naked... you want enough power to power wheelie. Lame...

Ahhh the fresh smell of cbr250 owners wallowing in the pity pool of depreciation.

Really hope the rc390 makes it here

I think it's time to sell my 250 then! LoL wonder how much it'll fetch with 24k on the odometer...

Smelly, smoky, wear out quickly, fouled plugs, have to watch oil and gas tanks, peaky engines. Been there, done that.
Hmmm...
Better power to weight ratio, fun powerband, cheap insurance, unique and smokey & smelly!!!
Did the ninja and gsxr thing, I'll ride anything with two wheels and a motor, but I much prefer to ride a two stroke.

Hmmm...
Better power to weight ratio, fun powerband, cheap insurance, unique and smokey & smelly!!!
Did the ninja and gsxr thing, I'll ride anything with two wheels and a motor, but I much prefer to ride a two stroke.
I like my RS better than my 650R but I've only put a few thousand km on it thus far. Maybe when the engine blows up I'll hate it. Especially if it seizes mid corner at 100+, heh.

Previous owner had it seize at 130 but he was going straight and was fine.

Back
Top Bottom