2001 Aprilia Mana - thoughts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2001 Aprilia Mana - thoughts?

macro

My dad was trying to sell his sled but ended up trading for a Mana. It's a 2001 with less than 400km on it. So, it's brand new. He's going to sell it because he doesn't need a third bike but just wondering if any of you know anything that we should look out for on it? I mean, I know anything sitting that long can need a little TLC but just wondering if there's anything specific to these bikes.

Once it's at his place I'll take it for a spin and see how the CVT is, who knows, maybe I'll buy it!

Aprilia started making the Mana in 2008? They are supposed to be very reliable, but I can imagine getting parts could be a hassle.

I'm guessing you mean 2010? If it's 2001, post pics because it's not a mana.

Fun track bike, always being in the correct gear drops seconds per lap (although it removes some of the joy of being fully in control of the bike).

That's what he tells me, I guess I'll have to get up there and see what it is for myself. 2001 Aprilia 850cc bike with a CVT. Whatever it is, it sounds interesting!

Edit: After a quick look, it doesn't seem that Aprilia made a bike with a CVT in '01. The mystery deepens...

Last edited:
Alright, I know everyone has been in suspense. It's an '09. Anyone know of any common issues with these things?

Aprilias are known as "Italian Hondas". Very reliable.
Good to hear. It'll be there next week, I think he's planning on putting it up for 5k or thereabouts. We'll do an oil change and make sure nothing needs replacing from sitting. I think we should be good to go though!

Back
Top Bottom