22 Customs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

22 Customs

I would have to agree, that they do seem to take on a lot of work that they cannot handle in a reasonable time. I think integrity is not in question here, as these guys absolutely mean well. But perhaps they're just too busy for their own good.

You cannot be too busy for your own good. You can be too greedy for your own good though. I run an automotive business we book 3-4 weeks in advance during this time of year. I have customers all the time complain about wait times but the way I put it is "good workers are hard to find if you have to wait to have good service then we are clearly doing something right". Another big thing is we don't pay our techs flat rate they are salary. That way they don't rush jobs to pay out maximum hours we tend to have little to no comebacks and the quality of work is higher.

To the OP ****** buzz. I had heard good things about them as well. Mistakes happen but the after effect I feel should have been handled different. On that note there are three sides to every story.

Got some work done there today. No complaints. I would recommend them. Definitely better customer service then some other shops I've checked out.

Well, a few other friends of mine have recently had service done there, and each one of them has had problems since.

It looks like they have a couple of new guys working there, and my guess would be that they aren't particularly careful/attentive to what they're doing. I haven't been there personally for any work since my last post about them, but I can tell you I wouldn't be letting these new guys anywhere near my bike.

One guy went in to have his fork seals replaced, had to return after they continued to leak... and STILL did not get the problem fixed. He wound up going to another shop who mentioned it wasn't just the seals, that his bushings were shot to hell, and that whatever parts they used were not meant for his bike. In the long run this cost him more than 2x what it should have, because he ended up having to pay for parts and services twice PLUS the *proper* parts/fix at the 2nd shop.

Another has had a few relatively minor issues, but because they failed to properly check his bike, this resulted in having to get it towed in the middle of the night after his clutch and/or clutch cable seized up. Still waiting to find out what becomes of that one -- hopefully it's just the cable.

I hate having to post anything negative about these guys, as they've generally been very good to me in the past -- but these are my friends we're talking about, and I dislike seeing them get screwed around. And my own more recent experiences with the shop haven't been the best either. So it looks like we're all looking for a new place...

Back
Top Bottom