22 Customs | GTAMotorcycle.com

22 Customs

Block

Anybody ever heard of this place or been there? My buddy took his 2012 cbr600rr there for the first time just for a oil change and the didn't put the oil cap back on... Leading to some close calls. Then they offer "next oil change is on us" after apologizing.
naru7e7u.jpg

da7ebame.jpg

yre5uteg.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405458174422.jpg

No, not even that break pads that still have oil soaked in them after a good washing by owner. They did a half ass wash.

Another shop I'd lose it on. So happy I can do all this stuff myself. I'm shocked that some of these places are still open

22 customs is 5 steps away from my work..i thought about going there...now I'll think different!

Edit ...very nice bike btw :)

what is the name of that exhaust??

Last edited:
Dunno how a company can just say "sorry... Tell you what, next ones on us"

22 customs is 5 steps away from my work..i thought about going there...now I'll think different!

Edit ...very nice bike btw :)

what is the name of that exhaust??

http://www.toceperformance.com

The pipes look good, but I don't know how much "engineering" went in behind them. I'd be curious to see power gains (if not losses) as a result of swapping to these.

Regarding 22 Customs.. that's deplorable. Making a mistake on something as routine as an oil change does not say good things about the shop. Innocent mistake or not, oil changes are a volume business and should be second nature to the mechanic. I.e. he/she should be able to do it with their eyes closed!

wow i'm really surprised by this. I've seen nothing but good reviews on 22 Customs, and i've brought my bike here as well. The work'sf always been good so i'm flabbergasted.

wow i'm really surprised by this. I've seen nothing but good reviews on 22 Customs, and i've brought my bike here as well. The work'sf always been good so i'm flabbergasted.

Where did you see good reviews? I've never seen anyone post anything positive about this shop.

Where did you see good reviews? I've never seen anyone post anything positive about this shop.

Search 22customs on this site and you'll see a few good reviews/recommendations on the shop. This is the first negative i've heard or seen.

The mistake is on thing . The way they treated you after is even worse. With it all that oil on the tire its fortunate you didnt get into an accident. Also who knows what kind of damage could of occured on the engine with all that oil spilling out. Their attitude after the fact seems like they dont give a shi....

I was considering going to them for some of my maintenance since they are close to me. Now I am having second thoughts. The impresion I get from them is that they are only interested in custom buildsare not really much of a service place.

"could have happened" Lots of things could have happened, but nothing did.

Free oil change, wash / wax the bike, replace the rear pad, clean the rear rotor and offer a sincere apology seems fair to me.

I've been going to 22 Customs since 2010, and for the most part have been happy with their work and friendly attitude... but the last time I visited, they were in a rush to close up shop, and my GF & I left feeling a bit uncomfortable with the quality of work that was done, as well as the rate charged. Didn't say anything at the time, but she and I both kind of gave each other the "WTF?" look as we left. That said, I'll probably still go there for any minor/straightforward work, but I go to Scott at Snow City if it's for anything requiring diagnostic or complex work.

I think they get themselves in over their heads at times, always trying to do so many things at once, and it affects the quality of service as a result. They absolutely mean well, and as I said they're usually great guys, but it seems like they're making silly mistakes lately (I've had a few myself) and if that trend continues, sooner or later it's going to result in someone getting hurt.

I would have to agree, that they do seem to take on a lot of work that they cannot handle in a reasonable time. I think integrity is not in question here, as these guys absolutely mean well. But perhaps they're just too busy for their own good.

"could have happened" Lots of things could have happened, but nothing did.

Free oil change, wash / wax the bike, replace the rear pad, clean the rear rotor and offer a sincere apology seems fair to me.
Yea that would have been good, but it was a clean and wash. No pad was replaced

I would have told them not acceptable, and if they turned me away I would have gone rode the **** out of it wadded it up and said I'll see you in court thanks for the brakes that didn't work due to your subpar oil change

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom