cleaning/polishing rims | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

cleaning/polishing rims

Wheel cleaners are typically caustic soda, they eat everything except metal. They work well, but don't leave it on too long.
If you read the link it says it contains no acid and is safe on paint.

Well this is on my supermoto, so cleaning the plastic's isn't that high on my list haha plus there orange so it don't show dirt or grim at all. I just like to keep my stuff cleaned and looking as nice as one can. I'm gonna try WD40 and some rags this weekend, and hopefully it works :)

Sandblasting an aluminum rims ? Wouldn't it get pitted from blasting sand on it ? And more then likely I'll powder coat them semi gloss black, or high gloss black with some orange tire tape on small outter edge of the rim to match the bike/plastic's.... (Prolly a lot cheaper then buying new colour coated rims for 1000$+)

Last edited:
Well this is on my supermoto, so cleaning the plastic's isn't that high on my list haha plus there orange so it don't show dirt or grim at all. I just like to keep my stuff cleaned and looking as nice as one can. I'm gonna try WD40 and some rags this weekend, and hopefully it works :)

Sandblasting an aluminum rims ? Wouldn't it get pitted from blasting sand on it ? And more then likely I'll powder coat them semi gloss black, or high gloss black with some orange tire tape on small outter edge of the rim to match the bike/plastic's.... (Prolly a lot cheaper then buying new colour coated rims for 1000$+)

You can blast any metals
It all depends on pressure and sand you're using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, gonna check a couple places in guelph and see about a quote to see what it will cost to be done. Might be something I'll do come winter time this year :) hopefully it isn't as expensive as buying new rims haha

Ya, gonna check a couple places in guelph and see about a quote to see what it will cost to be done. Might be something I'll do come winter time this year :) hopefully it isn't as expensive as buying new rims haha

Pm me I can help you with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can blast any metals
It all depends on pressure and sand you're using

You will lose the shiny finish from the tool spinning.

If the machined surface is corroded and clear coat is damaged, you need to restore the rims at an auto rim restoration shop, they actually re-machine the surface and apply new clear coat.

well none the less however they turn out after some wd40 cleaning on them this weekend, I think im going to get them powder coated this winter anyway. Just received a quote from a local place in Guelph here they said 100$ to do both rims, which I don't think is bad at all

Back
Top Bottom