Common Model Problems Thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Common Model Problems Thread

Please don't fabricate fake quotes. The Internet has enough aholes.

??? I didn't fabricate that quote; it was from your post. What I did do was take it out of context. I took what you posted as a generality as opposed to something specific -my bad on that. But at least get the crime right before charging me, ya know?

...and a dealer to adjust your valves every 5000km.
Wow,you have some bad experience there.I've had ducs that have gone 60,000 km without shim changes.Belts easily go 25,000 km.

Oh well if consumer reports says so that's like the motorcycle bible right? It's all in how you treat any vehicle. Neglect it and it will become a lemon. Yes some are prone to issues but every make has or has had that problem. What next? Lemonaidcars.com? Smh

Oh well if consumer reports says so that's like the motorcycle bible right? It's all in how you treat any vehicle.

Nonsense. You cannot compensate for bad design. There are lemons out there, and only CR has unbiased data.

It's like GM blaming >30 deaths on people putting too many keys, on a keychain.

Oh well if consumer reports says so that's like the motorcycle bible right? It's all in how you treat any vehicle. Neglect it and it will become a lemon. Yes some are prone to issues but every make has or has had that problem. What next? Lemonaidcars.com? Smh
When you pay a premium for an automobile you expect it to be reliable. After all you're paying for quality

Nonsense. You cannot compensate for bad design. There are lemons out there, and only CR has unbiased data.

CR's reliability "surveys" are not unbiased, because the survey respondents are self-selected. People who have issues are more likely to self-select (e.g. by responding to a survey) than people who do not. This distorts the outcome.

Having said that ... I'm not at all surprised that the Japanese brands generally do best with the type of questions that CR asks, and BMW and H-D do the worst.

BUT ... If you are the type to keep a bike on the road for a long, long, long time, then the availability of OEM or aftermarket parts long after the bike was built starts to matter more than whether the bike has the occasional little hiccup that needs to be fixed.

You can get a lot of the parts needed to fix air-head BMW bikes of any vintage. They're still available. Same with Harley. Say what you want about H-D (I'm no fan) but there is a ton of both OEM and aftermarket support for them. The Japanese brands tend to discontinue parts much sooner and the aftermarket support is not always there. When you change major engine crankcase and internal transmission parts every two years and the total number of sales of any given engine design out there is not all that many, it's pretty tough for the aftermarket to keep up.

I've done okay over the years with vehicles that Consumer Reports doesn't like.

Last edited:

It's like GM blaming >30 deaths on people putting too many keys, on a keychain.

I said I couldn't find any issues with gxsr's. I sent text to a guy about his bike and he mentioned that he did the recall. Recall? DId a quick search and found this; every 600 since 2004 to 2013? What . Has anyone had to deal with this? Jeez.

Back
Top Bottom