Sport riding gear that doesn't make you look like a power ranger? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sport riding gear that doesn't make you look like a power ranger?

Not a power ranger:

mcvoys.jpg

When it comes to safety gear, I care not what I look like to the road going public.
I can't see myself while I ride, and motorcycles shouldn''t be a fashion accessory.
Just my thoughts.

Nah man, black leathers, black bike, black helmet, then whine about cagers not seeing you. Despite the black carbon race can.

Would probably have to look at Kevlar/textile touring gear.

You can get leather jackets that aren't solid black (if you want to be seen) and aren't too power ranger like but pants are harder to find in that style while staying with leather. Especially if you want ventilation. I've been looking for some perforated leather over pants that are more touring-oriented than race-oriented and haven't been very successful.

REV'IT! Gear 2 Leather Pants
50% mesh 50% leather

Dainese Trophy Vintage Leather Pants - jeans style made with leather
river road makes some leather overpants (non-perf though)

I really like Revit's line of gear.
Great features, decent looks, great bang for buck.

I have a set of their airwave jacket/pants, and when it gets too hot for my colder weather high-viz gear, they fit the bill nicely for visibility and protection while flowing a tonne of air.

A bit pricey but well made and worth your pennies

dainese_cage_leather_jacket_black_black_black_detail.jpg

dainese_cage_leather_jacket_black_black_black_detail.jpg

offers all the standard protection other leather jackets do, has pouches front and back for a back / chest protector

1553672_001_F_S_detail.jpg

The pants would round out a 2pc suit for you as well

Look at all these OPTIONS!!! I'm going to GP this week to try on some jackets, and depending on price, to buy one. The new GP Plus-R is piquing my interest. Dianese is beautiful stuff, maybe one day.

Look at all these OPTIONS!!! I'm going to GP this week to try on some jackets, and depending on price, to buy one. The new GP Plus-R is piquing my interest. Dianese is beautiful stuff, maybe one day.
That jacket I posted on revzilla is 449, which is 50 less than the sticker price on my GP-R was when I bought it in 2012. Check with riders choice if your interested in it, they may be able to work with you on price

I wear Olympia Airglide pants and jacket but the "look" is more sport touring /adventure riding. Works great for me to don off and on easily for my commute.

Last edited:
That jacket I posted on revzilla is 449, which is 50 less than the sticker price on my GP-R was when I bought it in 2012. Check with riders choice if your interested in it, they may be able to work with you on price
That's actually a screaming deal. I'm just going to go to GP for sizing, unless they can cut me a deal. I can never remember what jacket size I am, 40? 42?

Hahahaha,

I think I'll just suck it up and get some real gear, some of the Joe Rocket stuff doesn't seem as aggressive, but I do have an affinity for Alpinestars!

have you tried agv sport?

That's actually a screaming deal. I'm just going to go to GP for sizing, unless they can cut me a deal. I can never remember what jacket size I am, 40? 42?
God I wish I was that low in sizes. My jacket is a 60 but way to big for me now, after I lost a ton of weight I bought my suit and figured I would be dropping a size or two, but nope my height and the euro cut makes it 60 again. I'm glad I'm not taller, or I wouldn't have found one that fit me

http://store.teizms.com/
Free shipping worldwide. This company's products and service get rave reviews over at advrider.com.

Use GP for sizing? Are you kidding? I use 'em for buying. Where are going to go when they're out of business because of folks like you? Support your local dealer. Cut the deal with GP, even if it costs a bit more. Sheesh!

Give yourself to the Power Rangers. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Alpinestars was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Power Rangers... then perhaps she will...

Use GP for sizing? Are you kidding? I use 'em for buying. Where are going to go when they're out of business because of folks like you? Support your local dealer. Cut the deal with GP, even if it costs a bit more. Sheesh!

You might have missed the 'unless they can cut a deal' -- I like to support GP and most other local businesses as well, but if local means spending a LOT more for the same goods, I'd be tempted to do the same. I almost did actually when I was looking at Dainese boots, as I could actually get them close to $100 cheaper shipped direct from Italy than buying them off the shelf at GP...and that's including shipping and customs fees. I should add however 9 times out of 10 that isn't the case, and if you talk to the right sales staff the difference is minimal.

You might have missed the 'unless they can cut a deal' -- I like to support GP and most other local businesses as well, but if local means spending a LOT more for the same goods, I'd be tempted to do the same. I almost did actually when I was looking at Dainese boots, as I could actually get them close to $100 cheaper shipped direct from Italy than buying them off the shelf at GP...and that's including shipping and customs fees. I should add however 9 times out of 10 that isn't the case, and if you talk to the right sales staff the difference is minimal.
Exactly. I support local every chance I can, but sometimes the price gap is too big. Usually I find by the time you pay for shipping to Canada, the prices are very close unless you get something on closeout.

Back
Top Bottom