Sport riding gear that doesn't make you look like a power ranger? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sport riding gear that doesn't make you look like a power ranger?

You might have missed the 'unless they can cut a deal' -- I like to support GP and most other local businesses as well, but if local means spending a LOT more for the same goods, I'd be tempted to do the same. I almost did actually when I was looking at Dainese boots, as I could actually get them close to $100 cheaper shipped direct from Italy than buying them off the shelf at GP...and that's including shipping and customs fees. I should add however 9 times out of 10 that isn't the case, and if you talk to the right sales staff the difference is minimal.

Yup... Just call and ask around. A local dealer will likely either match the online pricing or be so close that it would not make sense to buy online and take your chances with customs. I buy all my gear and parts from Two Wheel now. Tyler has given me great deals.

Yup... Just call and ask around. A local dealer will likely either match the online pricing or be so close that it would not make sense to buy online and take your chances with customs. I buy all my gear and parts from Two Wheel now. Tyler has given me great deals.

Two Wheel seems to be an exception. Before I found them even the other people I found through this board that said they could help me out still wanted nearly double US costs. Plus if I order in the US I don't pay taxes (I have a friend bring stuff back) so it adds up to even more savings. Now Tyler is giving prices that match the US so I'm ok paying the little bit extra for taxes since it avoids a lot of shipping hassles for me but I haven't found anyone else that even touches his prices.

I wonder if their service department has improved, as well. I heard a lot of bad things about it a couple years ago.

I like this package..

body-armor-full.bmp

Semi-autos come in handy.

Went in to GP today, happy to say that my love affair with A* is still going strong. They had a Jaws perf leather, last one, my size, and on sale. BAM! Exactly what I wanted, a little less of an aggressive cut than the GP, a full thermal removable liner, shoulder vents, and a waterproof chest pocket. Wheeee! My one complaint is that all the logos are printed on, for $550, embroider it will ya??

http://www.alpinestars.com/jaws-perforated-leather-jacket#.U8nLxFaQZuY

Bringing this thread back into the actual title, where do you find non-power ranger leathers? And why do manufacturers feel the need to put the white power-ranger paint on leathers period? Top Gear (the show) was making fun of this very topic and I had to agree. Today's leathers look gay as F!

Bringing this thread back into the actual title, where do you find non-power ranger leathers? And why do manufacturers feel the need to put the white power-ranger paint on leathers period? Top Gear (the show) was making fun of this very topic and I had to agree. Today's leathers look gay as F!
Personally I wear a white jacket for visibility. I actually wish I could get the black off the back because it looks like I think I'm in some kind of motorcycle gang, heh.

scorpion_stinger_white_jkt_LG.jpg

That's why I'm happy with the Jaws, I didn't like the pics online but in person it's a very nice coat. The plastic shoulder bits are hardly noticeable. I would have bought the white/black but in my size it was all black. It does have some reflective material on it but you would never know unless you got your picture taken while wearing it.

Personally I wear a white jacket for visibility. I actually wish I could get the black off the back because it looks like I think I'm in some kind of motorcycle gang, heh.

That make you a white ranger ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That jacket would look 100x better without the graphics.

That jacket would look 100x better without the graphics.

Exactly! Dunno why they put it on there. Wonder if I could scrub it off somehow. I hoped it would wear off over time although the "Scorpion" down the middle with the leaves coming off near the top is actually all embroidered.

Back
Top Bottom