Sport riding gear that doesn't make you look like a power ranger? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sport riding gear that doesn't make you look like a power ranger?

macro

So I've been shopping around for some leather and figured I would ask what folks on here ride. I like the protection that a 2 piece suit would offer on the street, but I don't really want something that constricting. All my textile gear, gloves, boots is A* and I love it but their GP cut of jackets I don't find super comfy.

I was thinking of possibly the Icon Overlord Prime along with the Overlord pants, not designed for the track so there's no pucks or speed hump but still all the same padding. Versatility is key, and the overlord stuff seems like it could be easily layered up underneath.

Your thoughts?

It's a good jacket and designed for more upright riding position if that's what you want. Definitely less designed for a skiny Italian like most of the A* and many other brands. On a side note, the A* GP cuts don't fit me very well but the top Tech1R fits me perfectly (which is what I wear now). The Atem that recently replaced it may fit you better.

The jackets do fit, but the ones that feel like they offer the most protection seem to also have the most aggressive cut, which makes sense. If I was on an aggressive bike or went to the track then I would go for a 2 piece track suit. Which, is actually what I may end up doing anyways because it doesn't seem like there's too many other options. Unless I want assless chaps and a vest.

I wear A* track pants without the pucks - and a Joe Rocket leather jacket. Fit is great. Not on a sports bike, ride a CB 500x and it's fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2azyvu5y.jpg

A* gp pro. Has the speed hump and the ability to zip to the pants. Jaws perforated is similar, no hump and slightly less $. I love my gp pro. I've worn it on chilly evenings with long sleeves under it and on the hot days I don't find it too bad.

It's a good jacket and designed for more upright riding position if that's what you want. Definitely less designed for a skiny Italian like most of the A* and many other brands. On a side note, the A* GP cuts don't fit me very well but the top Tech1R fits me perfectly (which is what I wear now). The Atem that recently replaced it may fit you better.

Love my Tech 1-R too. They've discontinued it, and I've thought of picking up another, since mine is a bit rashed up from a spill 2 years ago. I will say that I need to keep an eye on the carbs to ensure it continues to fit me.

I have a GoGo Gear Armoured Hoodie. It looks great in all black, but weighs a ton. I feel pretty secure with it on, although for faster bikes it would look great over top something else protective.

I'm sick of this "power ranger" comparison. We don't look like them, the ****ing look like US.

I'm sick of this "power ranger" comparison. We don't look like them, the ****ing look like US.

Personally I prefer to think of myself more as Iron Man when in gear than a Power Ranger. I find it helps a lot. Not to mention my Sena paired with Siri is kinda like JARVIS.....lol

Also helps that this almost always runs through my mind when I mount up and hit the start button in the garage:

[video=youtube;ZwOxM0-byvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwOxM0-byvc[/video]

Last edited:
Hahahaha,

I think I'll just suck it up and get some real gear, some of the Joe Rocket stuff doesn't seem as aggressive, but I do have an affinity for Alpinestars!

maybe try Speed and Strengths Strip Search, more drag race inspired, zips together, has some armor. Revzilla and Motorcycle Gear have them on clearance, good prices...under $400 US

Hahahaha,

I think I'll just suck it up and get some real gear, some of the Joe Rocket stuff doesn't seem as aggressive, but I do have an affinity for Alpinestars!

It's like lids.... try them all on and go with suits your body type the best but don't cheap out when it comes to good protection either.

I like the A* stuff. Fits me best, I just couldn't afford it when I bought the bike.

When it comes to safety gear, I care not what I look like to the road going public.
I can't see myself while I ride, and motorcycles shouldn''t be a fashion accessory.
Just my thoughts.

The more black and less fruity colours you have, especially the same one as your bike will have you looking less like a power ranger...

When it comes to safety gear, I care not what I look like to the road going public.
I can't see myself while I ride, and motorcycles shouldn''t be a fashion accessory.
Just my thoughts.

+1. Never cared what ppl thought, just loved to ride!!

Just my thoughts.

Rule #1 on gtam. Please don't make logical sense. You'll disturb the fools :D

i wear an overlord jacket and pants. yeah i have the power ranger look but its good gear and i like. its precurved and flows air well. i wear it between 10 and 30 degrees, i take out the liner around 25+. i have hotter/colder gear but ill wear the pants with long johns til 0 to -5. i like the tpu sliders cause i dont worry about armor sliding around... the outside sliders overlap the inside armor... the sliders give it the power ranger look but i dont care its better than fumbling around with shifting armor. off the bike its not as easy to move since its precurved

I have the Icon Overlord Jacket, in white. As brucewayne said above, the jacket flows lots of air and it is precurved. It fits me rather snug, and I am certainly more a Euro fitting male rather than the "American-fit" male.

Back
Top Bottom