Too late in the season to purchase? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Too late in the season to purchase?

alangolding25

Site Supporter
Might be a silly question. But since I have never riden a season in Canada thought Id ask. Is it too late in the season to purchase a bike now? Should I save my money and wait till Feb-March?

Also when do people usually ride until ?
Im thinking September it probably slows down?

Thanks
Alan

Might be a silly question. But since I have never riden a season in Canada thought Id ask. Is it too late in the season to purchase a bike now? Should I save my money and wait till Feb-March?

Also when do people usually ride until ?
Im thinking September it probably slows down?

Thanks
Alan

Best deals happen after October (for the most part).

The second part of your question is heavily dependent on 1) the weather and 2) your risk limits.
If you are new to the sport, I wouldn't suggest you start to learn when the streets are cold, wet and covered in leaves.

I usually ride into late november/december - cut off when it hits 10 degrees.

Cheers.

when i started, I bought at the end of august.
i ride until the salt trucks come out.

rule of thumb: bikes are cheaper at the end of summer, and most expensive in the spring.

Its never too late

Depending on weather you can ride past october and into november. Later on if you're nuts

many people especially in the downtown core ride well into November sometimes Dec, (more hardcore riders). Those outside the GTA will often go well into Oct early Nov. So that is still about 3 months or approx 1/2 of the season to go

thanks for all the quick feedback.
Yeah Ive ridden for years just not here in Ontario yet. Newish to this great country!!

Wow! October even November. Thats pretty good alright. And for sure its weather depending. Ok you have made me feel like its not a waste of time buying now then.

Thanks a lot

I sure hope not, I just got my first bike last weekend!
But if money isn't the issue, and it's just a matter of whether or not it's worth riding, it definitely is worth getting a bike.

I bought my first bike in late July 2012.... as others have said.... not too late. Bought my second bike Feb of 2013.

Buy immediately! You will never get this time back, cannot be bottled. When you're on your death bed or under a guard rail the last thing you'll be thinking about is the money saved.

Is it too late to live? Obviously not, buy the bike and enjoy your life dude. You've got at least until the end of October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now is FINE - You can get a few months of riding in and let that sit with you over the winter. When you come back to it in the spring, you'll feel a bit sharper and have more confidence. Lots of used bikes will start to pop up, or wait a bit longer for the good deals.

If it's any comfort to you, I just bought my bike and picking her up tomorrow. So, no, it's not too late at all.

When you're on your death bed or under a guard rail the last thing you'll be thinking about is the money saved.

But would you be thinking of how early you bought your bike?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

thanks for all the quick feedback.
Yeah Ive ridden for years just not here in Ontario yet. Newish to this great country!!

Wow! October even November. Thats pretty good alright. And for sure its weather depending. Ok you have made me feel like its not a waste of time buying now then.

Thanks a lot

Where are you from?

When do you want to ride?
Do you want to ride now?

Or do you want to ride in 2015?

Bikes are always for sale, go and buy one.

I'd suggest to buy now and start riding in the nice weather.
I personally ride all year if the streets permit.
Also, if you buy now come winter you can spend your time searching for and installing FARKLEs, instead of looking for a bike.

Are you willing to ride in the cold?

I ride pretty much until it's about to snow, then I have to get my bike over to my parents house to store. The cold doesn't bother me much, especially now that I have heated grips. Just don't expect to be knee draggin' or anything in the corners.

Usually ride until the snow goes beyond "flurries"... After that, you'll end up risking too much. I wiped out in late November, while mid corner... Hit black ice :( Going down at 60-70 KM. Managed to save my bike by sliding under it. One teeny tiny scratch on the rear turn signal lol. I took the brunt of the impact... Whole bike, fairing, bar end and all that nifty stuff landed right on top of me as I slid under it. My gear saved me from major injuries (AGATT).

Rule for me when it comes to bikes: Body heals, bikes don't! If you're going down, save her! Yeah... I'm nuts.

Back
Top Bottom