installing hardwood flooring myself. should i do it? lol | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

installing hardwood flooring myself. should i do it? lol

One other consideration: Don't solid wood floor planks need to be nailed? This isn't possible on the concrete floor of your condo, so you'll need a click-type floating floor - particle board photo laminate or engineered hardwood laminate.

We purchased our engineered hardwood laminate from Silverwood Flooring (http://www.silverwoodflooring.com/). They had a sale on some inventory and we managed to get the style and quantity needed for our basement at a really good price.

One other consideration: Don't solid wood floor planks need to be nailed? This isn't possible on the concrete floor of your condo, so you'll need a click-type floating floor - particle board photo laminate or engineered hardwood laminate.

If you can accomodate the height difference at transitions, this is not an insurmountable obstacle. Put resilient underlay on concrete, cover with a floating layer of T+G plywood, nail floor to plywood with appropriate length cleats (so they don't penetrate the resilient layer).

Back
Top Bottom