Rear-ended!! Ouch!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rear-ended!! Ouch!!

malim

[video=youtube;MQLrTJgC6ZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQLrTJgC6ZQ[/video]

Check this out. Do you think he had time to react and get out of there ?

Absolutely no chance.
He'd have to be watching the veh behind him the whole way to have time to dump the clutch and get out of there. By the time he realizes what's happening his on the trunk of the other car

Video the above was stolen from, for the original edifying comments:

[video=youtube;0-uvBvHpXdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-uvBvHpXdw[/video]

Oh wow, that is scary. Stupid drivers probably on their phone. Hope the guy is ok. He didnt look like he was moving

Hearing that screech as you're stopped has to be the worst feeling ever. When I heard it one time at a red light nearly **** myself.

I think the hard breaking would have made the nose of the car lower a bit right? which is what sent him flying instead of squishing him.

I got hit from behind downtown Toronto, bike was a totaled by a minivan while I was at a red light, people that think they can prevent it have no idea what they are talking about.

Serious question:
so lets say you're watching your mirrors and you've discovered the car behind you is going too fast to stop in time.
What do? Pull up to the left or right of the car ahead? Who's to say the driver behind won't swerve left or right to avoid ramming you in the bum straight on?

Obviously this question only applies when there is open space or lanes on both sides of you.

"'For licensing/ usage inquiries, contact licensing@jukinvideo.com Got all kinds of f@$ked up by a P plater. Put myself into car in front. Should have lane split! Rules can be broken to save your life"

I think the hard breaking would have made the nose of the car lower a bit right? which is what sent him flying instead of squishing him.

That's correct.

If the car didn't dive forward, car would have gone over the rear wheel of the bike and things could get a lot worse.

I got hit from behind downtown Toronto, bike was a totaled by a minivan while I was at a red light, people that think they can prevent it have no idea what they are talking about.

On my 3rd time of being rear-ended (on the car), I actually saw the guy coming. I was thinking "OK that's a little fast, is he stopp.. - BAM"

Serious question:
so lets say you're watching your mirrors and you've discovered the car behind you is going too fast to stop in time.
What do? Pull up to the left or right of the car ahead? Who's to say the driver behind won't swerve left or right to avoid ramming you in the bum straight on?

Obviously this question only applies when there is open space or lanes on both sides of you.

Best to run in between cars, so you shield yourself. Of course, this is all assuming that, the rider has the superman reactions and there are cars to squeeze in between.

This is why I leave some distance between myself and the car in front of me. I've seen riders stop right behind the bumper of the car in front, giving themselves no room.

This is why I leave some distance between myself and the car in front of me. I've seen riders stop right behind the bumper of the car in front, giving themselves no room.

Good point and decrease the chances of getting squashed between two cars.

I was hit from behind at night, all I saw were very bright headlights in my mirrors, then bam, in an instant.
I'm always really careful about leaving space, ect, but in this case I was southbound on Yonge first in line waiting to turn left at Aylmer heading for Rosedale Valley Road. On a green light waiting for a break in oncoming traffic, even taking up the right side of the lane so the jerks won't blow past me close. If you're familiar with that stretch of Yonge, there's a dip btwn Gibson & Aylmer, the driver who hit me came down the hill and changed from the curb lane into mine at a pretty good clip, very close to Aylmer.

I was thrown into oncoming traffic, off the bike. Everyone stopped. I got up and took off my helmet to thrash the guy with it -pure adrenaline- my bike was upright, the rear fender was in the grill

I wracked my brain about how I could have avoided that, didn't come up with a friggin' thing

I'd say 99% of riders i've seen pay lip service to the car in front of them.

Come on Kathleen Wynne... hurry up with the distracted driving demerit points and $1000 fine.

While leaving space with the car in front will save you from becoming sandwich, it will also increase the chances of being rear-ended IMO.

When ppl text & drive, they watch the road with the corner of their eyes. A motorcycle in the corner of an eye is too insignificant to notice, while a car or a truck is more alerting to give the distracted driver time to react.

But then there are cars rear-ending cars still.

We should all just start to filter one day, and problem solved.

That has always been my worst fear

For most of these accidents, they look like rider error(not paying attention, being alert etc).
There is a few you can see it was obviously the cars error(the rear enders and side swipes).

The last one had me laughing in class, drops his bike after a slow wobble, get's it halfway up, tries to mount it, falls over again. Very amusing.

Serious question:

The one time I was able to avoid being rear ended (in a car), I had nobody in front and the light had just gone red. I saw the car coming in the rear view and just feathered the brake trying to gauge their stopping distance while using my peripheral vision to see if anyone was coming out of the shopping center driveway perpendicular to my lane. I ended up in the middle of the intersection and the van behind was beyond the stopping line.

Luckily for me it worked out in that situation but they are all different. Had there been a car in front I would have been toast.

I was thrown into oncoming traffic, off the bike. Everyone stopped. I got up and took off my helmet to thrash the guy with it -pure adrenaline- my bike was upright, the rear fender was in the grill

did you ****in get the ****?

Back
Top Bottom