Help: Plan to do 1st service myself | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help: Plan to do 1st service myself

deham

I've read many of us found out that the stealership didn't do anything except for oil change and chain clean/lubrication for 1st service. So I decided to DIY. I've changed the oil and chain clean/lubrication. Now what else I need to inspect? I have the service manual but didn't find anything specific for 1st service. My bike is 2011 GSXR600. (The 1st owner barely rode it and it was 300km when I bought it this season.)

Hey

Oil change, chain clean/lube, check brake pads and fluid, coolant level, throttle play, clutch play, tire pressure to OEM psi, suspension rebound, handle bar swing, all lights functioning properly, horn, and then wash it.

That's what mine got done at the stealership for first service, I witnessed it.

Last edited:
There is a bunch of other stuff you should check for the first service, triple tree nuts, head bearings, swing arm bearings, leaks etc.

I'm just going to throw this out there, but the OP might want to reference the Owners Manual before attempting any kind of 'service'. What the 'Dealership' does can be VERY different from what the manufacturer calls for.

Hey

Oil change, chain clean/lube, check brake pads and fluid, coolant level, throttle play, clutch play, tire pressure to OEM psi, suspension rebound, handle bar swing, all lights functioning properly, horn, and then wash it.

That's what mine got done at the stealership for first service, I witnessed it.

Thanks everyone for the help! Mission accomplished! I also found the list from the service manual.

Back
Top Bottom