Brake Pad Wiggle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brake Pad Wiggle

I

igormon

What do you guys think of this wiggle? It wiggles parallel to the rotor mainly. I am pretty sure this is the cause of an annoying squealing I get at low speed braking.

The bike is 2013 SV650SA with around 3k on it. The squeal started at around 50km on the odo. I lived with it convinced it was new brakes but now not so much... I posted before and was told to put some anti-squeal, but I didn't realize at that time that the pads were wiggling. Oddly enough I haven't been able to find too much information on this.

Any idea why it would wiggle so much? As far as I know its not normal. I took the caliper off and everything looked OK. I dont want to start apply anti-squeal lube or anything if the issue is something else. Wondering if I should try bleeding the system....

Thanks,

Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qabkIQUF-rM&feature=youtu.be

The wiggle that you describe and demonstrate is 100% normal.

Squeal can be caused by...
-Friction between back of pad plates and caliper pistons (hence disc brake lube)
-Glazed pads/rotors
-Aggressive pad compounds (does not apply to you if you are using stock pads)

Flushing/bleeding the brakes is necessary, regular maintenance, but it will not solve your squeaking problem.

The wiggle that you describe and demonstrate is 100% normal.

Squeal can be caused by...
-Friction between back of pad plates and caliper pistons (hence disc brake lube)
-Glazed pads/rotors
-Aggressive pad compounds (does not apply to you if you are using stock pads)

Flushing/bleeding the brakes is necessary, regular maintenance, but it will not solve your squeaking problem.

The more you learn.... Just assumed not normal cause the rear doesn't do it. Ah well I'll try the lube next as it seems to be the most likely thing. Thanks a bunch.

Normal pads in your vid.Dirt on your rotors can cause some squealing.Wipe them with a rag and some brake clean.it will help some.Pulling the pads out and giving them a light sanding also helps.Bleeding the system won't do much for the noise,but you should be doing it yearly anyway.

Back
Top Bottom