Squids? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Squids?

Joe Bass

*probably eating right now*
Site Supporter
Sorry for being out of the loop, but saw this term in some threads, not sure the meaning. Anyone help an old guy out?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Sorry for being out of the loop, but saw this term in some threads, not sure the meaning. Anyone help an old guy out?

Originally, older Harley riders would refer to younger, supersport riders as "squirrely kids", because of their bias view on smaller / faster / more competent bikes flying around like "squirrels".
fwiw, you're going to read quite a bit about.........SQUID on here:
S: stupid
Q: quick
U: underdressed
I: ignorant (or imminently dead)
D: dangerous

I like how you stick handled that old timer.

edit:It was a KLX250, not sumo version of DRZ400. Not even close really.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Originally, older Harley riders would refer to younger, supersport riders as "squirrely kids", because of their bias view on smaller / faster / more competent bikes flying around like "squirrels".
fwiw, you're going to read quite a bit about.........SQUID on here:
S: stupid
Q: quick
U: underdressed
I: ignorant (or imminently dead)
D: dangerous

This is correct. Alot of people incorrectly use the term to refer to riders not wearing gear. It has nothing to do with gear and all to do with riding style.

This is correct. Alot of people incorrectly use the term to refer to riders not wearing gear. It has nothing to do with gear and all to do with riding style.

Then a squid I am!! Hell, I thought having gear worth more than my bike would put me out of that category...

:lmao:You can't be a squid on a 250.

Hey now Mike, my gas light came on at an unkown time so I went to 6th gear and cruised at 120 for a while. The guy on the 250 looked just as surprised as me while passing!

Back
Top Bottom