Bike lane on the Gardiner? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike lane on the Gardiner?

gadfly

Site Supporter
Anyone else notice that on the WB Gardiner after the Spadina on-ramp there is what might otherwise be called a shoulder but for all practical purposes appears to be a bike lane? I'm reluctant to call it a shoulder as it is too small to accommodate anything that is not on two wheels. Given the construction I can't imagine it to be a permanent feature, but as a temporary measure to address the congestion it sure was considerate of them to provide an easy means by which two wheel vehicles can slip through the gridlock!

Anyone else notice that on the WB Gardiner after the Spadina on-ramp there is what might otherwise be called a shoulder but for all practical purposes appears to be a bike lane? I'm reluctant to call it a shoulder as it is too small to accommodate anything that is not on two wheels. Given the construction I can't imagine it to be a permanent feature, but as a temporary measure to address the congestion it sure was considerate of them to provide an easy means by which two wheel vehicles can slip through the gridlock!

Ahahahaha....you wish =(

Try using it and watch some self entitled cager try to block you out

Try using it and watch some self entitled cager try to block you out

That would be fun to watch. A battle of the self entitled, to be fought on the shoulder neither of them are suposed to be on.

That would be fun to watch. A battle of the self entitled, to be fought on the shoulder neither of them are suposed to be on.

No.

If it doesn't fit cages, than too bad. It's like when I use the right turn lane to bypass traffic. Unless I see a car next to me that can out accelerate me to the speed limit, I am not impeding the flow of traffic by charging when the light turns green...but of course, someone is bound to honk me lol

油井緋色;2198619 said:
No.

If it doesn't fit cages, than too bad. It's like when I use the right turn lane to bypass traffic. Unless I see a car next to me that can out accelerate me to the speed limit, I am not impeding the flow of traffic by charging when the light turns green...but of course, someone is bound to honk me lol

Just because you can fit does not mean your entitled to ride there.

[video=youtube;xhe3RlzgTiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe3RlzgTiQ[/video]

Using the bicycle lane with a motorcycle? Dick move. Cyclists will hate you the way you hate inconsiderate Cagers.

油井緋色;2198619 said:
No.

By that logic anyone with a (fast) car should be allowed to do that, too. And then your right turn lane just becomes the right lane.

油井緋色;2198619 said:
No.

Yup yup, that's exactly why there is a cop sitting at Martingrove and Eglinton in Etobicoke almost every rush our afternoon - just to give self-entitled people like you a ticket. They accelerate out of the right-turn-only lane and try to get into a completely stopped traffic thus making everyone in the lane stop.

Yup yup, that's exactly why there is a cop sitting at Martingrove and Eglinton in Etobicoke almost every rush our afternoon - just to give self-entitled people like you a ticket. They accelerate out of the right-turn-only lane and try to get into a completely stopped traffic thus making everyone in the lane stop.

That lane is pretty stupid civil engineering.

This reminds me of that guy who sees a long line of vehicles merging but just has to drive up the right side lane and try to merge at the head. This is where my bumper gets 5mm from the guy in front.

I do not ride during rush hour nor do I charge lanes if the lanes ahead are blocked.

By that logic anyone with a (fast) car should be allowed to do that, too. And then your right turn lane just becomes the right lane.

I'm fine with that. Fast cars that match the acceleration of SS bikes are extremely rare; even SS bikes are rare themselves when you compare them to the buttload of **** heads who brake during corners and merge onto the highway at 60km/h.

油井緋色;2199155 said:
I do not ride during rush hour nor do I charge lanes if the lanes ahead are blocked.

I'm fine with that. Fast cars that match the acceleration of SS bikes are extremely rare; even SS bikes are rare themselves when you compare them to the buttload of **** heads who brake during corners and merge onto the highway at 60km/h.

Go find some pinecones

No.

Since, a (fast) car would be blocking the right turning traffic, unlike the motorcycle example.

No.

Since, a (fast) car would be blocking the right turning traffic, unlike the motorcycle example.
Most roads I'm on, if I'm in the right lane, cars still can't squeeze by to make a right. I even try to give them space. Of course there are a few roads where they can but not most of them downtown.

Yup, I regularly travel that area of The Gardiner and have noticed that small off-road area. You know what it reminds me of? The small shoulder on Highway 30, in Quebec, where that woman parked to save some duckies. Use it and you're begging to end up in someone's trunk.

Back
Top Bottom