I crashed!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

I crashed!!

ravensix

Site Supporter
Today... I crashed a bike.

So Fcking ****** at my self!

My buddy and I swapped bikes for the ride home from where we rode out to, and on the way back... made a mistake and paid a price for it.

His bike has oem exhaust and its pretty quiet and my bike has a full exhaust loud as hell and I was following behind him, he starts to rip it and I started to follow him and I couldnt tell what rpm band I was in, so I looked down... BAD MISTAKE! a split second later I get my sights back on the road and sure enuff I was about to rear end him. Instinct got me to slam the brakes and I lost control and crashed going about 70-80km/h

I slid for a bit and rolled maybe once or twice, and looks like I got up with just a bruised knee and hip. WEAR YOUR GEAR GUYS!

My gear:
Dainese kevlar jeans = a couple of small tiny rips, still good.

A Stars textile jacket = a few small melted off pieces of material, I could probly wear it still but going to replace it to be safe.

A Stars gloves = top carbon fiber knuckle part is scraped but not badly damaged.

TCX riding shoes = scuffed up on the toe part but still held up. Still good I think.

Shoei rf100 = No damage that I can see, But I'm almost certain I hit my head at least twice.

Lesson learned here = Dont ever look down to see your rpm and dont ever ride in the same tire track as the person in front of you, oh and also dont ever ride anyone elses bike. This could have been avoided if I was in the correct tire track and if I didnt look at my rpm. Stupid mistakes!

Either I pay for repairs or maybe have to buy him a new bike. Dammit!!!

Sorry to hear about this. The positive is that your gear did what it is supposed to. Sorry about the crash.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you walked away with your life and that you're okay. Today wouldn't have been the day to go shirtless :p

Well thankfully everybody is alive and safe... aside from a bruised ego :D

It could have been a LOT worse. I wouldn't say "not looking at your rpm" is a solution.

In my opinion you need to practice your situational awareness and emergency braking manoeuvres.

You said you slammed on the brakes, how was this done? front/rear..? were you in a turn?

Do you ever practice emergency braking?

I know it sounds really cheesy, but I practice emergency braking every once in awhile. Saved my *** more times than I can count.

Well thankfully everybody is alive and safe... aside from a bruised ego :D

It could have been a LOT worse. I wouldn't say "not looking at your rpm" is a solution.

In my opinion you need to practice your situational awareness and emergency braking manoeuvres.

You said you slammed on the brakes, how was this done? front/rear..? were you in a turn?

Do you ever practice emergency braking?

I know it sounds really cheesy, but I practice emergency braking every once in awhile. Saved my *** more times than I can count.

Well we were ripping it and I dont know what happend really, just remeber being REALLY close to his tail and slammed front brakes and lost control n down I went.

Glad you are OK :D
I almost got into an accident today too ,, some idiot made a two lanes turn in front of me, and i did the same grab the front brake lucky i stopped in time though
going have to listen to Chasem advices :D

Yah damn. I'm so p*ssed at myself right now. My buddys being really cool about it, he's more worried about my well being than his bike.

As soon I realized I crashed the bike while I was slidding on the ground the only thing going through my mind was FCK SAKES!!! I CANT BELIEVE I CRASHED SOMEONES BIKE, FML, STUPID MISTAKE, IM AN IDIOT.

At least you didn't get hurt, coulda been worse. How come you were in the same tire track? Were you far behind him?

Good thing you are OK. It would suck to crash your own bike but it double sucks to crash your buddy's bike. I know you have the R6 would does your buddy ride?

At least you didn't get hurt, coulda been worse. How come you were in the same tire track? Were you far behind him?

I was a bit of a distant behind him, I just remeber seeing and hearing him open throttle. So naturally I did the same thing and I guess as he was slowing down that must of been the same time I looked down to see the rpm and wen I fixed my sights again is wen I was about to rear end him. I know its not an excuse for what happend, but that's how I remeber it happening.

Good thing you are OK. It would suck to crash your own bike but it double sucks to crash your buddy's bike. I know you have the R6 would does your buddy ride?

Thanks man, it sucks a million times worse crashing someones bike. He rides a cbr600.

Well we were ripping it and I dont know what happend really, just remeber being REALLY close to his tail and slammed front brakes and lost control n down I went.

Well **** happens :/

What you grab the front brake quickly you don't have much traction on the front wheel. The wheel locks and slides.
When you smoothly squeeze the front brake the weight shifts forward on the bike and compresses the forks/suspension. This increases available traction ...... a lot.

That's why practice is extremely important... Get that muscle memory going ;)

Also sport bikes don't break as fast as you would think. A professional rider stops a supersport in about 120 feet from 100KM to 0.

120 feet is pretty long... That's almost 3 SCHOOL BUSES

food for thought... heh heh. I realise I'm harping, sorry!

Last edited:
Well **** happens :/

What you grab the front brake quickly you don't have much traction on the front wheel. The wheel locks and slides.
When you smoothly squeeze the front brake the weight shifts forward on the bike and compresses the forks/suspension. This increases available traction ...... a lot.

That's why practice is extremely important... Get that muscle memory going ;)

Also sport bikes don't break as fast as you would think. A professional rider stops a supersport in about 120 feet from 100KM to 0.

120 feet is pretty long... That's almost 3 SCHOOL BUSES

food for thought... heh heh. I realise I'm harping, sorry!

After this incident, once I re-grow a pair to get back on my bike, I am defiantly going to do emergency stopping practices.

What bike did you crash? Glad you're OK! Putting it through your friends insurance? Sucks to be him if so :(

1/ sorry to read about your crash
2/ loud pipes save lives
3/ good thing you're ok
4/ the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't go down
5/ and my buddy didn't speed up he slowed down and I wasn't looking at the tach because I don't have one but was looking at the scenery so I guess it wasn't exactly like your incident but the good thing is I'm ok
6/ good muscle memory makes passing multiple school buses easy

1/ sorry to read about your crash
2/ loud pipes save lives
3/ good thing you're ok
4/ the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't go down
5/ and my buddy didn't speed up he slowed down and I wasn't looking at the tach because I don't have one but was looking at the scenery so I guess it wasn't exactly like your incident but the good thing is I'm ok
6/ good muscle memory makes passing multiple school buses easy

I should have been doing my stop practices, loud pipes do save lifes, good thing you didnt crash lol.

it could have been worse man...

you can replace his bike yes...

you can't replace your or his life!

gws

Back
Top Bottom